VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where i work we don't have a microwave, or a fridge, or drinkable water (smells like some bizarre mixture of rust and poo)

i need ideas of what i can take to work for lunch. so far it's been mostly pb&j sandwiches and a baggie of baby carrots. how exciting. i took leftover pasta with veggies one day and that was alright, but i tried to take rice another day and it was just not good cold.

there is a kettle there, but like i said, no clean water.

·
Registered
0 Posts
You could probably find distilled water really cheap at a regular grocery store and use that. Also, check out the sandwich thread. I think I would go insane having nothing but pb&j sandwiches...I don't know how you've survived! What about making a really huge salad?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Certainly if you're able to bring your own water that'll open up tons of options - like many of those instant soups & such from Fantastic Foods, McDougall/Right Foods, and Casbah. You can also then have couscous and instant oatmeal.

Sushi is another option. Hummus and crackers always makes a good meal for me.

While going to college i frequently relied on bagels or luna bars when i couldn't make it home for lunch.

Beyond these suggestions, or a ton of junk food, that's all i can think of for now.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i haven't gotten sick of pb&j yet. i tried a veggie and yves turkey slices sandwich but the bread got soggy and gross.

today i picked up some applesauce snack cup thingies and a couple of fruit energy bars, to go with my pb&j

1 - 4 of 4 Posts