VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm addicted to coffee, in fact I'm going to make another cup right now. I love it with soy milk and 2 packets of Splenda. Any other coffee addicts? And how do you take it?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Coffee lover here.

I take it black sometimes with and sometimes without sugar depending on how I'm feeling and the quality of the coffee. I don't drink instant coffee, it has to be brewed in a cafetiere or drip filter and preferably freshly ground.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I love coffee, always black, no sugar - like a real man.

I don't drink it a huge amount - infact not even everyday, but when I do it's a little cup of heaven. I don't drink instant, one of the first things I bought when I moved was a coffee machine - mmmmmm

I've drank fresh ground but don't have a grinder myself. I went to a coffee bean plantation last year and picked beans myself which was cool
I bought my dad some of that coffee that's meant to be the best in the world... I don't remember what it was called but it was nice but not nice enough to jusitify the price!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
I'm one of those people that most coffee fans hate because I put so much crap in my coffee that it sometimes covers up the actual true coffee flavor. My usual is decaf coffee hot or iced with almond/coconut or soy milk, lots of sugar/sweetner plus flavored syrup of some kind.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
I'm a coffee lover!

I have a french press, which I use every day and an espresso machine, which is not used very often. I take my coffee black most of the time, but occasionally will add some kind of plant milk and brown sugar. I'm not fussy, I like good coffee, prepared pretty much any way. It does have to be fair trade, though.

Considering how much I love it, I don't drink very much. I have 1/2 mug in the morning and another 1/2 in the afternoon at work.

I used to work at Starbucks, and they teach you to taste coffee (like wine or beer tasting). I used to give seminars to the offices around our location. I hated that job, but loved that aspect of it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity_thief View Post

I love coffee, always black, no sugar - like a real man.
Like Dale Cooper, I like mine as black as midnight on a moonless night.

Though - unlike a real man - I do add some rawr sugar.

<makes sure man parts are still there - affirmative!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I love coffee. I drink either the free stuff from work (its not that great, but its FREE) or make it in my french press thingy. I hate instant coffee, just find it makes my mouth really dry. Oh and I drink it black, no sugar. unless im really tired then ill add brown sugar. if im in a coffee shop i may get a syrup if they have one i like the sound of

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Lots of sugar little bit of cream. I prefer coffee from my own coffee maker in a mug because I know the exact ratio of 3 spoonfuls of sugar and a lil bit of milk/plant milk is just right. When I'm out and get coffee in those travel cups it always taste a bit off, i put too much or too little of everything.
I've tried drinking it black with sugar but I just can't do it.

Anyone else think the smell of coffee beans is like heaven?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I'm one of those people that most coffee fans hate because I put so much crap in my coffee that it sometimes covers up the actual true coffee flavor. My usual is decaf coffee hot or iced with almond/coconut or soy milk, lots of sugar/sweetner plus flavored syrup of some kind.
Yes!
Who says coffee can't double as a dessert?

While making a cup, I've had several people comment "Gosh, you must really hate coffee. Why don't you try an energy drink instead?"

Because energy drinks taste like $%&^$! My coffee tastes like a pecan cinnamon bun!

Why do so many people wait until they are completely dissatisfied with something before making any effort to improve it? Must make for a very unexciting sex life.

I've got nothing against black coffee lovers...to each their thing...
I just hate the comments I get.
Everyone's just jealous that I can make a cup of coffee taste like a chocolate chip cookie!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeannem View Post

I used to work at Starbucks, and they teach you to taste coffee (like wine or beer tasting). I used to give seminars to the offices around our location. I hated that job, but loved that aspect of it.
That sounds really cool (coffee tasting not the seminars). Did they do this with all employees?

I've also never tried brown sugar in my coffee before. Does it give the coffee an entirely different taste than white sugar does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenKat View Post

Lots of sugar little bit of cream. I prefer coffee from my own coffee maker in a mug because I know the exact ratio of 3 spoonfuls of sugar and a lil bit of milk/plant milk is just right. When I'm out and get coffee in those travel cups it always taste a bit off, i put too much or too little of everything.
I've tried drinking it black with sugar but I just can't do it.

When I was younger I frequently used to go to Denny's late at night with a friend and drink endless cups of coffee. Everytime the waitress came around and refilled our cups we would always go on and on about how it throws off the coffee/sugar/creamer ratio if our cups weren't totally empty. Getting that good ratio can be tricky and frustrating when it gets all off balance!

And yes the smell of coffee beans is heavenly

·
Registered
238 Posts
I love, love, love coffee! I was always and half and half no sugar kinda gal. Or sometimes I would put honey in it. But (she says proudly) I took the 30 day vegan challenge and am on my fifth day. I was reading the creamer packet at work and was happy about the "non dairy" part. Then today I read the "contains milk ingredients" part. Ummm?
I bought some soy creamer today since I have accidentally been putting "milk ingredients" in my coffee. Grrrr.... creamer company messin up my vegan challenge.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbug26 View Post

II was reading the creamer packet at work and was happy about the "non dairy" part. Then today I read the "contains milk ingredients" part. Ummm?:
I know, right?
Used regular non-dairy creamer for a long time.
Who knew that they'd be allowed to put dairy in something with non-dairy right on the front!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

Yes!
Who says coffee can't double as a dessert?

While making a cup, I've had several people comment "Gosh, you must really hate coffee. Why don't you try an energy drink instead?"

Because energy drinks taste like $%&^$! My coffee tastes like a pecan cinnamon bun!

Why do so many people wait until they are completely dissatisfied with something before making any effort to improve it? Must make for a very unexciting sex life.

I've got nothing against black coffee lovers...to each their thing...
I just hate the comments I get.
Everyone's just jealous that I can make a cup of coffee taste like a chocolate chip cookie!
Same here!

I actually LOVE the taste of coffee, I just also love the taste of chocolate. A nice strong soy mocha with an extra espresso shot is a little bit of heaven for me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

I know, right?
Used regular non-dairy creamer for a long time.
Who knew that they'd be allowed to put dairy in something with non-dairy right on the front!?!?!?
I know! It seems strange that its not false advertising or something. I am looking forward to trying my liquid soy creamer tomorrow morning. I don't like the taste of anything that was not powder, then became powder, then was rehydrated to what it was originally.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenKat View Post

Yes, the smell is amazing!

I just bought a new Keurig machine this weekend. It's so much fun to use, and makes a great cup of coffee.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

I don't usually like sweet/flavored coffee, because I don't usually like sweet/flavored dessert-y things. But if that's the way you like it, that's the way you should drink it!!
My husband has a French press that he keeps at work, and brings home on the weekend. I guess my Keurig machine doesn't make coffee good enough, because if he forgets his press he won't drink coffee, then moan about not having any. Whatever. It's so annoying.
Why doesn't he have a second press? One for home and one for work?
They really don't cost that much.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts