VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the coffe grinder i use is an antique hand grinder, but i cant seem to get it to grind the beans coarse enough (because i use a french press, so i need the grounds really coarse), it grinds them finer than regular coffe grounds in a can. i tried adjusting it but i think im just making the crank looser. does anyone anything about these kinds of grinders? or is there another way to grind coffe? or should i just shell out 20 bucks and get an electric one?

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
A small electric one isn't a BAD idea but you should try to get a manual <i>crush</i>-grinder. The electric ones grind unevenly and warm the grindings. Personally, as a coffee-snob, I would invest a little time and find a crush-grinder to go with the press. If you buy one and it grinds too fine, you can always return it, right?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I saw a powered grinder at Whole Foods the other day that's designed somehow not to warm the grindings. I didn't investigate how, but the package made it clear that this was one of its key selling points.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. ill check it out. well, my birthday is in a few days so maybe one of my friends will be nice and get me one. heh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts