VeggieBoards banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone - hope you're all having a good day. Just wondered if someone could help me out in this really frustrating time for me. :p

I've searched for answers everywhere on why my coconut oil isn't melting but can't seem to find an answer. I've only had my current jar for a month, and now when i try and melt some in my microwave or on the hob, it goes to a really thick creamy consistency but it never actually melts to a liquid. The one i use is tiana extra virgin coconut oil and it's cold pressed.
I just don't know why it's not melting! It's really frustrating :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

just thought i'd add too - when i am trying to melt it and it goes to the thick creamy consistency i mentioned above, it will start to burn too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I really don't know why that is... even if you had a batch with a whole bunch of coconut flesh in it (like creamed coconut consistency) it'd melt to some degree although I think that that's maybe what's going on. There's no other reason I can think for it to just not melt. It should melt at 24*c xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
I've always heated water and put the container of oil in it and stirred it around. I don't know if directly heating it would matter or not.
I do find it seems to liquify much faster when first opened than after it's been around a while. My jar lasts a very long time

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts
You could try calling Tiana - maybe they've heard of this problem before: Phone: +44 (0) 20 8427 1695

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha yeah thanks i think i will contact them - as it is a bit odd. I still use it for moisturizing - but it's kinda tricky using it in my cooking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had exactly the same problem. It wouldn't melt, had a tendency to burn etc. Then we realised we had got a jar of creamed coconut. NOT coconut oil! Problem was quickly resolved!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts