VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried making coconut milk yogurt in a yogurt machine? I just bought a coconut yogurt for a starter and have some so-delicious coconut milk in so wondered if it was possible, TIA!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
This sounds really good. I've never used or even seen a yogurt machine before, sounds like an interesting thing to own. I like soy yogurt, but that's all I can get around here that's vegan. No coconut yogurt for me...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
How much are yogurt machines? If it works will you let us know? I'm allergic to soya milk/yogurt and would love to make rice/coconut yogurt for myself, as you can't buy them in the uK (or if you can, I've never seen it!).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yum.

lets us know if it works! My mom has a frozen yogurt machine which she never uses so I am planning to steal it soon
Wonder if it is the same principle.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss View Post

Yum.

lets us know if it works! My mom has a frozen yogurt machine which she never uses so I am planning to steal it soon
Wonder if it is the same principle.
Haha awesome! I stole my boyfriend's juicer because he never uses it!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'd be more excited about getting an ice cream maker myself.
I looove soy ice cream, and really want to try making some cashew ice cream sometime (which I don't think you even need an ice cream maker for, actually). Mmm, need to remember to look for raw cashews next time I'm shopping.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
A yogurt maker warms the liquid in order to allow the good bacteria to grow in it -- a frozen yogurt maker or ice cream maker obviously wouldn't work for that purpose. But, once you have the yogurt, you could certainly use it to make frozen goodies.

You don't need a yogurt maker to make yogurt - there are lots of methods for keeping the liquid warm: a cooler with a heating pad, a thermos, a warmed crockpot (turned off) wrapped in towels, in the oven with the light on, etc.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
coconut milk yogurt is vegan ??
I haven't seen any that weren't, but it is possible. I'd check ingredients.
So Delicious is vegan-http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/cultured-coconut-milk

Trader Joes did have a cultured coconut yogurt- but I'm not sure if they still do. I'm not a fan, but I always check to see if they got there soy yogurt back and I haven't noticed coconut yogurt lately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts