VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be ordering some cloth menstrual pads soon. Ive been to several sites and I am having a difficult time deciding!

Can anyone recommend some?

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
I highly reccomend Homemade Mama. The quality is great and customer service is wonderful. Then of course there's the price......her products are extremely resonable especially after you look at what some of the others charge.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hmmm. Interesting. I had never considered a cloth pad before. For those of you who have tried them, how do you think they compare to store bought pads?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
When I used one (I lost it and bought a diva cup) it worked fine for me. A bit smelly, though. Taking out the inside and replacing it with a new inside cloth thing didn't work for me, as the outside was still dirty, and that was the worst part. However, I did enjoy using it for bed time, as I'm very heavy at night. I can't remember what brand I had.

You could always just use an old rag (or new) if you wanted, this is what my mom told me she did when we were little and she couldn't afford pads, she used a wash clothe folded over. She thought that it was funny that they made reusable ones and sold them.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
i use lunapads. i use a diva cup during the day and the cloth pads at night.

i think they are a thousand times better than store bought pads which always made me feel damp and gross. these are soft and i always feel dry. i've never had a problem with odor from them either--in fact i think they hold in odor better than store bought ones because of the lack of dampness.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive heard good things about lunapads too. Either way, Ive gotta make up my mind soon. I want them for next month.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
i really like these: feral feminine.

my first batch were gladrags, which i still use 8 years later and LOVE! but, they're getting into pretty bad disrepair, and so i'm looking to replace them. I really like the ones from feral feminine, and they're probably the most reasonably priced ones that i've seen anywhere.

i love my cloth pads. they're ten thousand times better than disposables.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

i really like these: feral feminine.
I have to echo this. Even though I have never bought from this specific person, I have bought my best cloth pads from Etsy (I think her username was "epicerma") I like their shape better than glad rags, though I like those too, especially at night. I just found the link

epicerma's site.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bumping this to hopefully get more suggestions.

I'd like to use them at night, and the DivaCup for the rest of my cycle. I'm tired of using disposable junk!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I *love* my cloth pads. My periods used to be HORRIBLE. They lasted 8 days and I had codine pills for cramps--but that was when I was a tampon user. With cloth pads---no more cramps. At all. And my period got shorter by 4 days.

I love the softness next to my yoni.

My original ones came from Lisa Janey at http://www.tlc-pads.com/

When we moved to the UK I made me a second set in flannel as it is colder here (flannel was too hot in Louisiana) I like her pads and they were affordable. I had a Gladrags pad and it felt rough and leaked everywhere and was $9 a pad.

For those crafty people I can send a copy of a pattern and directions if you want to make them yourself. Just PM me.

I would like to get a mooncup to go with it for when I travel, but at home and work I love my cloth pads.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've been using GladRags for a couple of years now and have been pleased with them. I wasn't impressed with their nightime variant, as the liners never stayed in place, and the flannel ones don't seem to hold their shape particularly well. (Ironing would help, but there are some things I simply refuse to iron ...) The organic cotton version has been great, though. They're super comfortable and get continually softer with wear. They're also easy to launder, and they're ready to go again as soon as you take them out of the laundry.

On lighter days, I use LunaPad pantiliners. They're infinitely superior to disposables, but I've not been as impressed with their durability. The flannel lining has already worn through on a couple of them, and they're not quite two years old yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts