VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How exactly does one help a cat lose weight?

I have a 5 year old female Siamese kitty who was spayed at about 8 months old. She's always been a little chubby, but it's kind of hard to get a cat to exercise, and she doesn't seem to eat too much...help?

·
Registered
507 Posts
What we did was give her smaller portions of food, because she would just scarf down everything we gave her, no matter how much.

Also, we would give her to opportunity to go outside (exercise?) whenever she feels like it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I wouldn't suggest letting her outside because of all the dangers out there......one thing that most of my cats love and gives them some exercise is one of those laser pointer/pen things. I point it at the floor and they chase it all over. Plus, I don't even have to get off the chair to play with them, lazy thing that I am

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Yes, toys - if your cat likes them (I like that laser pen thing)

My cat is not into toys much - but there is one thing besides catnip that she goes crazy over - strange as it is:

When I brush her I pull off the hairs from the brush and roll it into a tight ball - then I flick it across the room - and SHE'S OFF!!! - it's bizarre. I've tried every toy in the world and she snubs them - but a ball of her own dead hair - and she's entertained for about 20 minutes (sometimes she end up eating it - then vomits it up later along with her dinner.....it's gross)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dvmarie

(sometimes she end up eating it - then vomits it up later along with her dinner.....it's gross)
Bulimic kitty? Not a good way to make her loose weight.

OOPS, inappropriate joke....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts