VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here we go again - Pre-Christmas Family fun party time again.

Once again my carnivorous brother stole the limelight!

We were watching something on TV to do with cross country motor racing and the discussion went something like this:

Him: It's lovely countryside but they have to keep culling the animals.
Me: What animals?
Him: Badgers, rats, mice etc. You see, they over breed and have to be regularly culled. The same with pheasents.
Me: I don't think it's right to cull any animal.
Him: That's ridiculous! of course they have to be culled otherwise the world would be
overrun with these animals. That's why the gentry have to shoot pheasents to cull the species.
Me: So does that mean that since the world is overrun with humans, we have to cull them regularly?
Him: No, no I'm not saying that of course, but as we're the dominate species it's our job to cull animals!
Me: I don't believe we are the dominate species.

After this our conversation petered out, as he was a guest in my house, at a party, and I didn't want to create more trouble.

Afterwards, my wife told me, she thought we were going to come to blows.

Roll on good old Christmas time for lots more fun!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

I'm just posting because you complained in post #2 of the thread. Not really worth commenting on your not so intriguing story. Could've just posted it in the "gripes" thread.
Sorry it wasn't up to your high standards

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
People never cease to amaze me with their callous ways. I remember a conversation I had with one of my coworkers who grew up on a farm. She told me how her brother would bob their dog's tails by placing a tightly would rubber band at the spot where they wanted it to fall off and let it rot. When I expressed shock, she just gave me this puzzled look and said " Well, they have to have their tails bobbed." When I asked why, she couldn't answer. I just don't understand.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

People never cease to amaze me with their callous ways. I remember a conversation I had with one of my coworkers who grew up on a farm. She told me how her brother would bob their dog's tails by placing a tightly would rubber band at the spot where they wanted it to fall off and let it rot. When I expressed shock, she just gave me this puzzled look and said " Well, they have to have their tails bobbed." When I asked why, she couldn't answer. I just don't understand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.