VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do lasagna, too. My sister always makes it on Christmas so now that I moved so far away, I like to try to keep that tradition going.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I'm not sure, I'll be having traditional christmas lunch (roast potatos, mashed sweede, sprouts and other veg, gravy, etc) with something vegan to go with it while the meat eaters eat meat with theirs - my nan cooks the dinner and my mum'll bring soemthing vegetarian for her, my dad and myself so I don't really know. Last year I had nut roast, the year before vegan sausages, the year before a wild rice and mushroom thingy.

I've made my own christmas cake, and my mum will find some vegan christmas pudding too....yuuuum!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the ideas, guys.. I am going to look through my recipe books until I find something suitable. I am not sure what to do, also because it will be summer, so I am wondering if I should get away from the usual wintery foods...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE=jenm7;3051766]I do lasagna, too. My sister always makes it on Christmas so now that I moved so far away, I like to try to keep that tradition going.[/QUOTE]

Glad someone else does lasagna. It is my favourite food so that is why it is an option at christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larissa View Post

I will be having mine with my omni parents. I am considering nut roast, but I think falafel is also a great option, Freesia! I might be swayed that way too.
Nut roast is an interesting idea, as is pie or enchiladas....

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
we have been doing pizza for the last 10 plus years....its quick and gives everyone a chance to relax....plus this year my Chicago Bears are playing the Green Bay Packers and thats a perfect food for the game.

Peace

·
The prowling wolf
878 Posts
First christmas day I am cooking, second day we're going out for a buffet. So far I've decided to make all kinds of treats, not a meal but a kind of small buffet. So far I've thought of:

-Fresh artisan bread
-Mixed veggies with dip
-Fake meatballs with spicy peanut sauce dip
-Pasta salad
-Plate with different cheeses
-Onion soup
-Spreads like olive tapenade, red pesto, tzatziki and hummus
-Samosa's with curry dip
-Spicy potato wedges with aioli

-Cheesecake
-Chocolate cake

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Corey Haim!! View Post

we have been doing pizza for the last 10 plus years....its quick and gives everyone a chance to relax....plus this year my Chicago Bears are playing the Green Bay Packers and thats a perfect food for the game.

Peace
We make homemade pizza on Christmas Eve. It's been our tradition for years now also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

QUOTE=jenm7;3051766]I do lasagna, too. My sister always makes it on Christmas so now that I moved so far away, I like to try to keep that tradition going.
Glad someone else does lasagna. It is my favourite food so that is why it is an option at christmas.

Lasagna on Christmas Day for us too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My boyfriend's mother is doing a couple of Quorn roasts with all the usual trimmings.

..I'm tempted to bring down a butternut squash to roast, but I don't want to offend >.>; I mean it's nice, but I really wouldn't mind a nut roast rather than Quorn. Ahh well, it's a big family so I guess whatever's easiest for her is what's important. :3

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
My grandmother is from Poland. Every year of my life, on Christmas Eve, we celebrate Wigila, a Polish Christmas feast that is *almost* meatless. The only meat served in fish. The rest of the dishes are authentic Polish foods like pierogies (potato dumplings), glumpkie (stuffed cabbage rolls) and kasha (buckwheat). Next to my own veg*n Thanksgiving feast, it's my favorite holiday meal, because I don't need to be so ingredient conscious.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

My grandmother is from Poland. Every year of my life, on Christmas Eve, we celebrate Wigila, a Polish Christmas feast that is *almost* meatless. The only meat served in fish. The rest of the dishes are authentic Polish foods like pierogies (potato dumplings), glumpkie (stuffed cabbage rolls) and kasha (buckwheat). Next to my own veg*n Thanksgiving feast, it's my favorite holiday meal, because I don't need to be so ingredient conscious.
Hmm...I'd love to be invited to this.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.