VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I decided to go vegan from vegetarian yesterday, and I am very very happy with my decision, BUT how do I get vegan chocolate? Do they make vegan chocolate thats not dark? Or would that just not make sense.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
All chocolate starts vegan being the fruit from a tree. If you are talking about chocolate milk like chocolate, just get the bitter-sweet powder, mix it with soy milk or rice milk and add sweetner. I am a fan of Green & Black, so I will talk about that. Green & Black and others produce excellent chocolates. I believe vegan. They are more expensive than vending machine chocolates, but the bars are huge! They are also non-exploitive. Here is info from a place that sells other Vegan products:

http://www.veganessentials.com/catal...-chocolate.htm

Green & Black is available at Target, Wild Oats, and various other natural/organic places (whe have them here at the regular market).

I believe when you go Vegan, you have to adjust your taste somewhat and learn to love foods other than you are used to. This is really great chocolate. When I am in the mood for chocolate, I never get the cheap stuff any more.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If you don't like dark chocolate I recommend Lindt Bittersweet:

http://www.lindtusa.com/shop_barkits...op.cfm?PID=984

It's vegan but still has the mouthfeel of milk chocolate. It's slightly more bitter than milk, but it's soooo much better than Hersheys. You can usually find this chocolate at a chain grocerystore like Safeway. They even sell Lindt at Target, Walmart, and Walgreens.

HTH,

~Wondre

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I've been making hazelnut mochas as of late.

hazelnut coffee +

hazelnut milk +

agave nectar +

ghirardelli "double hot chocolate" mix (cocoa+sugar+vanilla+soy lecithin)

pretty yummy! I still want to try green&black some time.

·
Registered
29,962 Posts
I second the ricemilk bar suggestion.

I just tried this one this past weekend though, and I think it's become my new favorite.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.