VeggieBoards banner

Chocolate

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  iceflower 
#1 ·
I just made the switch to vegan not too long ago and I have a question about chocolate.

I've seen vegan recipes call for dark semi sweet chips.. are they vegan? I'm confused. Help

See less See more
#3 ·
Ghiradhelli Double Chocolate Chunk

Tropical Source (mmm!)

Sunspire

Sam's Club

are some vegan ones

Just read the labels and make sure it doesn't say KD (kosher dairy) on it

it may say KDE (kosher dairy equipment) and that means they made it on the same machines that make dairy chocolate.

Shannon/Zimma

#10 ·
Green and blacks!!! I dunno if you can get it outside of the Uk, but they do excelent chocolate. Some of their stuff is vegan. The maya gold chocolate is excellent, being vegan, fairtrade, organic and really tasty and the 70% dark is brilliant. It's all organic, so it's good. The only downside is the price tag.

#11 ·
most semi-sweet or bittersweet chips i've looked at here are vegan, it just gets expensive when you start looking at the organic stuff. but tropical source is really yummy.

actually it really bothers me, when people, especially women, find out i'm vegan they always say "so you don't eat chocolate!!!???" as if all chocolate is non-vegan. it just shows that most people can't be bothered with reading labels to find out what they're eating, that they assume all chocolate has milk in it or that chocolate is a dairy product

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyFaile

actually it really bothers me, when people, especially women, find out i'm vegan they always say "so you don't eat chocolate!!!???" as if all chocolate is non-vegan. it just shows that most people can't be bothered with reading labels to find out what they're eating, that they assume all chocolate has milk in it or that chocolate is a dairy product
#*$@&%!!!!!!!!!! That drives me insane! Once, when eating a Tropical Source bar, I offered a piece to one of my friends, and she recoiled, saying, "It's fake chocolate!!!"

Fine, b*tch. It's too good for you, anyway. *snarl*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.