VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you have already found a good vegan chocolate, but I thought I'd start a thread about it, since I hear a lot of people say "I could never go vegan - I'd miss chocolate" or I hear of vegans who miss chooclate so much.

Anyhow, I've got to recommend one hcocolate company - Green & blacks. It's not entirely vegan, but they do make exceedingly good chooclate. It just so happens thatt he best chocolatre they make, "Maya Gold" is vegan, organic, tasty and fairtrade. So I'd recommend this one.

However, G&B chocolate has one draw back - The price tag. But it's good chocolate, and the dark chocolate lasts a while because it's so rich. 50g of milk chocolate disappears in two minutes w/ me around. yet 100g of this stuff can last a whole day.

Anyway, everyone recommend your favourite chocolate!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I love Maya Gold! It's very good. Plamil's peppermint chocolate is also heavenly but their orange chocolate wasn't that impressive. Lately I've tried and like Vivani's chocolates, they come in orange, peppermint and bitter I think. I love chocolate with orange, that's why Maya Gold is so good
Ritter Sport peppermint is also good and vegan.

A few Finnish chocolates are also yummy, I prefer (Cloetta-)Fazer's Wiener Nougat, which is mostly almonds. It's not dark chocolate because it has more nuts than cocoa. It's very creamy and fattening and GOOD! :p

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Plamil's peppermint chocolate is my favourite, but their martello brand is close, it's got an almost milky flavour to it.

But beware their chocolate with cayenne. 1) it's an aphrodisiac, and 2) anyone who eats chili flavoured chocolate is nuts.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Pretty much any dark chocolate is fair game in my book. It's all good to me!!
Ritter Sport used to be my favorite, but alas - they use milk solids in their chocolate. so it's ritter sport no more. I tend to buy whatever sounds good at the time... but nothing with nuts or chunks - must be plain so it's smooth & creamy. mmmmmm
I bought a 72% cocoa dark chocolate bar the other day and it was heavenly!

amy

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I'm a chocoholic, can't get enough of the stuff.

My favs are Chocolov 65% dark, Endangered Species Deep Forest Mint, Denmen Island Chocolate (in any form, it's all delish).

Damn, now I want some chocolate...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Azalea it seems that you have Wiener Nougat in Norway too?
It's funny, most people I know don't like it at all, they might eat one piece and say it's weird. I usually finish the box in a couple of days

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've never had the wiener nougat but I definitely like the name. I'm surprised no one has pointed that out, but then again I'm like 8 years old.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by piglet

Newman's Own dark chocolate! It's very good!
I can eat the whole bar in one sitting.
It's vegan and organic!
Ditto. Excellent. I was shocked at the number of their (organic) products are vegan, including some yummy oreo-like cookies (Hint of Mint, or something like that).

But these http://www.pangeaveg.com/cgi-bin/miv...oduct_Code=211 are even better! I love these bars!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I don't eat chocolate. Well hardly ever... I used to but I realized how bad for me it was to eat chocolate semi-often so now I've almost stopped eating it. If I have more than a tiny bit I feel sick.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I'm reviving this thread only because I'm currently eating Ritter Sport dark chocolate with marzipan
Oh man...it's so delish!! The name is strage though....

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
i love newman's own "sweet dark orange" chocolate.

i like it more than the couple of green & black bars i've tried. we have a bar of maya gold right now, and the chocolateyness is stronger than i can really enjoy.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts