VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to love anything salty chips, pretzels, flavoured mini rice cakes - think you get the idea but since going vegetarian I don't crave any of those things the only thing I do crave like crazy for the first time in my life is plain chocolate or anything chocolate!

Is my body lacking something?

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
According to ChaChaAnswers (haha, sounds so respectable doesn't it?
) here as well as a couple other random google links, it could be magnesium.

Now, whether that's true or not I haven't the foggiest idea.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

I use to love anything salty chips, pretzels, flavoured mini rice cakes - think you get the idea but since going vegetarian I don't crave any of those things the only thing I do crave like crazy for the first time in my life is plain chocolate or anything chocolate!

Is my body lacking something?
Yes. It is lacking the Food of the Gods, chocolate.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man its hectic... everyday all of a sudden it would hit me... i want ......................chocolate.... or chocolate cake.... or romary creams... as long as it is CHOCOLATE...

it tast sooooooooooo good

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Chocoholic here, I tend to have something chocolate flavored almost every day but it's usually just a small cup of chocolate soy or almond milk. Occasionally, I'll stick a frozen banana in the food processor with cocoa powder for easy chocolate 'ice cream' or I'll make black bean brownies. Yum!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree since becoming vegetarian I am centered and more aware of what my body really wants. I make sure I eat LOTS of different veggies every day to get in all my nutrients...

Next step is giving up alcohol. which feel like poison to my body now

·
Banned
21 Posts
Vegetarians do not eat meat, fish or poultry, but might eat dairy products such as cheese, eggs, yogurt or milk. Vegetarians are not as predictable in their beliefs, as there are many reasons to become vegetarian that don’t necessarily include altruism as a primary motive.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Chocoholic here, I tend to have something chocolate flavored almost every day but it's usually just a small cup of chocolate soy or almond milk. Occasionally, I'll stick a frozen banana in the food processor with cocoa powder for easy chocolate 'ice cream' or I'll make black bean brownies. Yum!
Black bean brownies? Recipe please!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Ooh, yes. I've got some black beans here that were going to be thrown into soup, but black bean brownies sound more interesting right now.

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Here you go: http://www.lapuremama.com/2011/01/ve...-brownies.html

The beans replace what would normally be oil in the recipe so it's oil-free. I don't use mace because I don't have it and I hate cayenne in my chocolate so I don't use that either. I also like to cut back on the sugar a bit, 2 1/4 cups seems like a lot to me, especially when adding chocolate chips too.

Have fun!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm strangely not craving chocolate so much anymore. It was really bad at first, but now I'm "meh" about chocolate. Being vegan, chocolate is hard to find conveniently (without milk), and since I always preferred the milk chocolate, I'm not so motivated to eat the dark chocolate, though I'm liking it more now.

When I do want a quick chocolate fix, I use a microwave brownie recipe I found on vegweb.com. It takes 5 minutes to make and its absolutely delicious, and it satisfies my chocolate/sweet crave, which helped me when I first went vegan. I haven't made it for a while now because my craving has slowly dissipated. Oh well, that must be a good thing, I guess.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Here you go: http://www.lapuremama.com/2011/01/ve...-brownies.html

The beans replace what would normally be oil in the recipe so it's oil-free. I don't use mace because I don't have it and I hate cayenne in my chocolate so I don't use that either. I also like to cut back on the sugar a bit, 2 1/4 cups seems like a lot to me, especially when adding chocolate chips too.

Have fun!
Thanks, Rhys!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I made my first batch last night. Dangerous, dangerous stuff. I had one last night, one today, and froze the rest. Having a pan of these sitting on the counter would be problematic for me! Far too yummy.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'm gonna make them today. If I go into a coma, I'm blaming you, Rhys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts