VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the candy store today to buy fresh chocolate covered strawberries today, and now I have a huge craving. Does anyone know of a vegan recipe for them?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Sure.

Get some dark, vegan chocolate, melt it, and dip the strawberries in it. Cool on a cookie sheet or whatever you have around that's even more non-stick, and you have yourself a yummy vegan treat.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Melting chocolate/applying to other surfaces works better if you stir in some margarine. The plain chocolate hardens too fast and gets kinda funky.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The margerine thing was what I was wondering.... I knew that plain melted chocolate didn't work too well. I seem to remember when I was really little, one of our cooks made them on special occasions. I think she used some sort of wax in the chocolate, but I don't know what type or how much. I'll try the margerine though. Thank you.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CharityAJO

Melting chocolate/applying to other surfaces works better if you stir in some margarine. The plain chocolate hardens too fast and gets kinda funky.
Ah, this is true. Especially if you're not going to eat them right away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.