VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Did anyone see this commercial right in the beginning of the Grammys last night? What a great time slot!

I have seen this commercial before, and I know it isn't talking about vegetarianism directly, just making animals happier, but I am sure it is affecting people. When I opened up my facebook, I saw 5 people post it and talk about it- they were all omnivores and are now thinking more deeply about their food. I was given the opportunity to comment on their statuses with some helpful info for them to look further into it.

here is my favorite comment on the video so far- taken from the youtube comments:
Quote:
Great message, great song BUT why would I want to eat one of those cute little piggies @ Chipotle now?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did - it was awesome. Granted - I don't want to eat them regardless of how they are raised, but I loved the gravitas and the balls of the company for making that ad.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binx View Post

I did - it was awesome. Granted - I don't want to eat them regardless of how they are raised, but I loved the gravitas and the balls of the company for making that ad.
It was the best time slot ever- I bet millions of people saw this ad. I have been reading the youtube comments all morning. Tempted to chime in on them...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Someone said we are over-feeding and under-nourishing America - which is a given. But now someone is asking why they think that. My one hope on the vid comments is if veggie (meaning vegans and vegetarians in general) peeps speak out - I hope they don't argue and fall to name calling. That is so counterproductive. So far though - the majority has been mature conversation and questions which astounds me since it's youtube lol.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I hadn't seen this. I think it is great, right down to showing that pills and chemicals are being pumped into the animals. I feel things like this are such awesome ways to open up a discussion about the problems of animal agriculture without people thinking we have a vegetarian/vegan agenda.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I saw this while eating dinner with my boyfriend (who had ordered a burger
) He was kind of "wtf" and missed the entire point

But I was pleasantly surprised (and SHOCKED) when I saw that my brother's friend (who is generally a close-minded, insensitive person) posted the link on Facebook and said "This should have been a Super bowl commercial. It was the best part of the Grammys last night and is so true."

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

It's becoming harder and harder for omnis to pretend that factory farms don't exist.
That's what I was thinking about as I watched this ad too. I'm thrilled this is getting so much publicity and hopefully making a lot of omnis think about where their food comes from. Even if the intent was to promote 'happy meat' I think a lot of people who watch it and do research after may be inspired to give up meat and other animal products entirely.

·
Registered
612 Posts
This is really quite awesome.

I am working on the story-board of a music video with a similar message and I want it to have the same feel as this. Effective in its message - without being hard to watch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.