Cabbage 300g
Dehydrated chili 20g
Garlic 20g
Soy sauce 10g
Vinegar 10g
Salt 3g
Cooking oil 20g

Directions:

Wash the cabbage and tear into small sheets (tastier when it's torn by hand instead of being cut by knife)
Add the cabbage into a pot with boiled water to scald. When it gets ripe take it out and place in a basin.
Shred the garlic into tiny pieces and add into the cabbage basin
Cut the dehydrated chili into small pieces
Pour the cooking oil into a wok and heat it, when it gets hot turn off the stove, add the chili to make chili oil
Pour the chili into the cabbage basin, add the soy sauce, vinegar and salt and stir, when everything's mixed evenly the salad is ready.
Have your food with joy!

Original article at: http://chineserecipeforveg.blogspot....age-salad.html

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Sounds lovely! A similar Vietnamese dish is to use shredded green papaya and a little grated carrot instead of the cabbage, but bet you could use them all!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhanger View Post

Sounds lovely! A similar Vietnamese dish is to use shredded green papaya and a little grated carrot instead of the cabbage, but bet you could use them all!
Thank you for the appreciation! I only ate papaya as fruit actually, never tasted papaya salad, maybe it works good as well. And yeah papaya itself tastes good already, also nutritious for our health

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a simple to prepare oriental salad

Cucumber Salad

Ingredients
Japanese cucumber 1 medium pc
Garlic 3 pcs finely chopped
Soya sauce
Natural vegetarian seasoning
Chili flakes
Cooking oil
Salt

Method
- Cut Japanese cucumber into 2mm thick slices
- Put the chili flakes into a rice bowl. Heat up 4 tbsp of oil and pour onto chili flakes and mix well to get chili flakes oil.
- Add garlic, soya sauce, seasoning, salt and chili flakes oil and mix well.

Benefits
Nourishes the hair and skin and regulate blood pressure (Japanese cucumber)

There are more recipes here: http://bit.ly/kvVNCw

·
Oryzatarian
1,359 Posts
Note that green papaya does not taste like ripe papaya, it doesnt even taste like fruit IMO. But thats why its good in salads.
Moreover it greatly reduces fertility and induces abortions, so be careful feeding it to unsuspecting women.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This one taste terrific! I love this one, one of my friends mother always make this one every time I visit my friend this is one of my favorite salad. I don't know how to make it, and I don't want to know because I know I will make this one everyday if I learned to do one. Miss this salad!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it's simple but delicious, I usually put lots of chili, since I love eating hot things, hehe... And hank you for the appreciation :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.