VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chinese proverbs are great, may I bore you with a real one?

"If you behave honestly and kindly during the day, you won't be scared that ghost will knock at you door at night"

I felt stupid and left out of Tame's thread. But no, I am not blame anybody for the "joke". You might just don't understand our feeling because we come from different backgrounds and cultural experiences. But please, this kind of jokes really hurt
, can you appreciate? There are SOOOOO many ways to entertain people, why do you have to pick this kind of jokes? Why?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Flowing water never goes bad.

Flies never visit an egg that has no crack.

An inch of time is an inch of gold, but you can't buy that inch of time with an inch of gold.

It is easy to dodge a spear that comes in front of you but hard to keep harms away from an arrow shot from behind.

We have a lot of to learn from the wisdom shown in the Chinese Proverbs.

Much Respect!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shewolf

Nice... now where's Shamus, this reminded me of him...
Im down here shewolf.

This is one of my favorite proverbs,

"Distant water won't help to put out a fire close at hand."

I think it has strong connotations with regards to people suffering in the underdeveloped areas of the world.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
This isn't a Chinese proverb, but I like it:

If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse.

·
Registered
878 Posts
i like chinese proverbs !

ya that one about friends being family i totally agree

me and my friends have a song and theres this one part that goes and my friends excuse me my family

but anyways its the bestest song its called homies i dont know who sings it tho

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.