VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi, I am ganlu, a vegeterian living in Tianjin. I am glad to know so many new vegeterian friend.

I hope more and more Chinese can realize the seriousity of the advantages of vegeterian, and more and more people don't eat wild animals again.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Ganlu, do you know any vegetarians in China?

What are the odds that you can get some more Asians to join us? I've love for a more diverse board.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikie

Ganlu, do you know any vegetarians in China?

What are the odds that you can get some more Asians to join us? I've love for a more diverse board.
I do have many vegeterian friends in my country. We have a website for Chinese vegeterian, which is:

www.chinaveggie.com/bbs, ( It is a Chinese web)

I have told my friends, however I don't see them here now. Maybe they don't know English very well, or aren't interested in a English board.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi! everybody!

I come from China.

the English forum @chinaveggie.com no longer exists, so I wandered here ...

wait to see all the friends here,old or new!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi, everybody, My name is qingchen. I come from China. I lived in Beijing before but now I'm here in Ottawa. I'v been vegetarian for at least 4 years.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
blueserendipity, no I left the coutry in 1999 and haven't been back. I am in Hawaii now.

Alpaca Guy, there are many (I can't really define "many" though) religious (Buddhist) vegetarians in China and some other people eat vegetarian on certain days (1st and 15th of each month). In some areas, the whole family are supposed to go vegan for an entire year after the decease of grandma/pa, I know someone who stick to veganism thereafter. I don't really find much differences in terms of dealing with omnis, chinese or americans, they ask the same old questions and I just reply over and over again in different languages
. When it comes to fake meats and soymilk products, China is heaven! Soy products are traditionally for poor people so they are usually super yummy and dirt cheap. Veggies and fruits are extremely cheap too (peticides are heavy and out of control though
).

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi there!

i'm from beijing, very glad to know you all!

i've been getting veg only for 3 month since i learned yoga, and i'm feeling so well.

wish to share experience and ideas with you...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post

hi there!

i'm from beijing, very glad to know you all!

i've getting veg only for 3 month since i learned yoga, and i'm feeling so well.

wish to share experience and ideas with you...
I'm from Beijing too. Nice to meet you!

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
I need help.

I am currenly in Hong Kong and will be for the next 5 days for a conference & client meetings. I'll be going out with clients & business partners, to their restaurants of choice. I will have *no* influence over the choice of restaurants whatsoever.

As I don't want to live off greens & rice for the next 5 days, any advice? In my experience with business here a few years ago, we did almost all our meals like dim sum - the clients just ordered a ton of food, and they piled stuff onto my plate faster than I could eat it. I wasn't a veg at that time, so I have no idea what half the stuff i ate actually was...

I am sure that if I say I'm vegetarian, they will honor that. However, I'd like to make some requests of what to order for me so that they feel they're being good country hosts and providing me with what I prefer. I want to avoid putting the burden on them of choosing what to order for me. If I can ask for certain things, I'm sure it would help.

I need suggestions! I can't read the menus!
What sorts of veggie dim sum things are out there? Veggie spring rolls? rice paper thingies? red bean paste buns? umm umm...

amy

1 - 20 of 170 Posts