VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not a mom.... BUT...

I'm not sure a video would be the best route. My suggestion would be just discussing this with your child. No need to scare your baby. Obviously you love him enough to give a darn about what he puts in his body. Tell him that too.

Taking every available opportunity to discuss why you feel it's best. Make sure he (he?) helps you cook. Let him help you shop. Great teaching opportunity too! When you go over to relatives homes or out to eat let him know in advance there will be meat served. Help him decide BEFORE it's in front of him whether or not he's going to eat it.

And whatever you do don't let yourself make him feel guilty about eating meat if/when he does partake. All that attitude will do is make meat forbidden and therefore, far more attractive. To this day very little is more attractive than cigarettes, greasy looking tattooed bad boys on bikes and parental advisory stickers on C.D.'s.

If he asks why you no longer eat meat tell him why. Gently. I'm saying this as the child of a mother who LOVED to make a "family" decision regarding food choices, lifestyle changes, moving...

Rebbecca

By the way, I think it's awesome that you home-school! I was home-educated from ten until I graduated at 16. Grammar wasn't my thing if you can't tell from above...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.