VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just thought I would comment about raising kids veggie. My folks were vegan when I was a baby up til I was about 6 (long story) but then they started eating meat again. My brother and sister, who are younger than I both eat meat. But I cannot tolerate the texture of meat of any kind. I remember fights with my parents trying to get me to eat my dinner. Now they have left me alone because I am an adult but it was hard as a kid.

Does anybody else have a similar situation. Most people I have talked to are vegetarian/vegan by choice but I simply cannot eat it. Not that I am trying to change that or anything, just wondered if anybody else has my story.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi eggplant,

Well, my parents belonged to hippie commune/cult. I don't know what they believed as far as animal rights etc. But I remember a time of eating soy ice cream, so that makes me believe they were vegan. And now I really prefer the taste of soy milk above other milk.

Anyhow, my parents left the commune after a really bad experience and I think it was shortly after that that they started eating meat again.

I guess it wasn't such a long story after all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts