VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just thought I would comment about raising kids veggie. My folks were vegan when I was a baby up til I was about 6 (long story) but then they started eating meat again. My brother and sister, who are younger than I both eat meat. But I cannot tolerate the texture of meat of any kind. I remember fights with my parents trying to get me to eat my dinner. Now they have left me alone because I am an adult but it was hard as a kid.

Does anybody else have a similar situation. Most people I have talked to are vegetarian/vegan by choice but I simply cannot eat it. Not that I am trying to change that or anything, just wondered if anybody else has my story.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I'm curious in the long story about why your parents went from being vegan to fighting with you to make you eat meat. That's not something I've heard before!

Although I wasn't raised vegan, I never liked most types of meat, some of which always seemed inedible to me. Nowadays though I feel that way about all animal products.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi eggplant,

Well, my parents belonged to hippie commune/cult. I don't know what they believed as far as animal rights etc. But I remember a time of eating soy ice cream, so that makes me believe they were vegan. And now I really prefer the taste of soy milk above other milk.

Anyhow, my parents left the commune after a really bad experience and I think it was shortly after that that they started eating meat again.

I guess it wasn't such a long story after all.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i was always a picky eater, i never liked meat. I've always hated fish. I rember my uncle lieing to me about what my food was in order to get me to eat it. Ialways cryed when i saw cows and chickens or pigs at the fair because i knew they would be someones dinner. I was always taught that animals are ment as food, but i never liked the idea i just figured there was nothing i could do about it, thats just how things are. thats what i was taught and forced to beileave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts