VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...usaolp00000009

Quote:
According to the fast-food restaurant Chick-fil-A, today is Cow Appreciation Day. Coming from a restaurant chain that supports the slaughter of animals, this may seem ironic at first. But Chick-fil-A has long advertised that consumers should "Eat More Chikin."
Despite recently taking heat for supporting organizations that oppose gay marriage, the food chain declared July 8th a holiday -- Cow Appreciation Day. Chick-fil-A is encouraging people to dress up like a cow in order to receive a free meal.
Have I mentioned how much I hate these guys?

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
It's good to appreciate cows, but what about the chickens? A lot more chickens are killed than cows in the year, and I don't like when the cows walk around with signs saying "eat more chicken". I doubt cows are that mean and selfish that they'd encourage the murder of fellow animals. I love their waffle fries, but this company is just really annoying sometimes. They used to come to my school all the time with the cow to encourage people to eat there.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

All I can think about when I see the "Eat more chicken" advertising now is that fur industry video. "People love your crispy wings!" "That makes me happy!!"

Gross.
So true. Why did you have to bring that video back up

·
Registered
889 Posts
For some reason, I thought of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSPr...embedded#t=27s

Btw, y'all Canadians are unflappable. Dude is just walking around dancing in a cow outfit and no one is paying him any mind.

Americans would either stare and laugh or try to eat him. Maybe not but there are so many of them in the video either not even looking at him or completely unphased and expressionless. LOL

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
That's... a strange video. Cool though.

And yeah, what is up with that? Nobody seems to care. If that happened here everyone would be freaking out.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Yes I seen this on a few Christian friends of mine facebooks. I was offended by them going to support that. There are two of those chik fil a resturants near us and its little boring to me.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
If there's one animal we should be killing more of it's chickens, right? I mean in the year 2011 the USA is only going to slaughter 9 billion of them. That's such a puny number.

·
Registered
992 Posts
It's like chil-fil-a has somebody on staff whose sole job it is to come up with reasons for me to not give them my money.

If that's the case, he/she is dong an awesome job.

·
Banned
841 Posts
Chik-fil-a is huge where I am. The one thing that ****s me about it, that I'm surprised no one mentioned, is that considering that their milkshakes are also one of their items that I see them advertise heavily, they might as well be selling hamburgers.

But then most people live in blissful ignorance and wouldn't know that!

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia82 View Post

Chik-fil-a is huge where I am. The one thing that ****s me about it, that I'm surprised no one mentioned, is that considering that their milkshakes are also one of their items that I see them advertise heavily, they might as well be selling hamburgers.

But then most people live in blissful ignorance and wouldn't know that!
That's true, I forgot that they always advertise their milkshakes so much! But then again I think many omnis think that cows like to and are supposed to be milked, and they just make milk "because they're cows" so they probably don't see the connection.

·
Banned
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

That's true, I forgot that they always advertise their milkshakes so much! But then again I think many omnis think that cows like to and are supposed to be milked, and they just make milk "because they're cows" so they probably don't see the connection.
Precisely. It's marketing for omnis, who would be much less likely to consume their products if they knew the truth about dairy/meat.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My boyfriend and I JUST had a convo about these guys a few hours ago. As an omni, he couldn't grasp why I hate them. After my explanation, though, he seemed to at least be able to get where I'm coming from. I told him I thought it was gross that they had these poor cows saying 'Eat More Chikin' or whatever misspelling they use, and it's an (un?)intentional mockery of the feelings that animals really WOULD express, if they could talk - of course they don't want to be eaten! It's so sad.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Maybe a cow holding a sign saying, "Eat more chicken" might help kids realize that eating meat means killing animals. I find myself less and less tolerant of the mass murder that goes on around me, but at least I'm still an optimist, I guess.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
One of my favorite visual accomplishments of something I've done so far this year - young lady holding Chik-Fil-A bag at local college accepts VO literature from me. Young lady leafs through it, and promptly discards Chik-Fil-A bag in nearest garbage can in disgust. It can happen in your home town, too. The power is yours!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Very very gross.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

One of my favorite visual accomplishments of something I've done so far this year - young lady holding Chik-Fil-A bag at local college accepts VO literature from me. Young lady leafs through it, and promptly discards Chik-Fil-A bag in nearest garbage can in disgust. It can happen in your home town, too. The power is yours!
That's awesome!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts