VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in trying to recreate a dish that my family liked when we were omni. Haven't had it in a few years, but I think that the chickpea cutlets may work. The recipe calls for cooking the cutlets by pan frying them. My question is - Can I follow the recipe, then take the pan fried cutlets and coat with Dijon mustard, Panko crumbs, mist with olive oil and bake? Or should I not pan fry them and coat and bake?

Thanks much.

p.s. We do not buy much processed food and my husband is absolutely opposed to plant meat (morningstar, gardein, etc.). He says he doesn't need animal meat, why does he need replacements, he just will eat beans :)

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I think I would skip the pan-fry part and just coat and bake. I'm not sure why your husband is opposed to meat subs - maybe the processed ones, sure, but seitan, baked tofu, and tempeh are great options that give meals more options than just beans.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

I think I would skip the pan-fry part and just coat and bake. I'm not sure why your husband is opposed to meat subs - maybe the processed ones, sure, but seitan, baked tofu, and tempeh are great options that give meals more options than just beans.
Sorry, I totally wasn't clear. He is fine with tofu, seitan and tempeh (although doesn't love them too too much). Just not with what is "processed." We would rather have my homemade wild rice burgers with rice, flax and seasonings than a "soy protein isolate" burger. Not sure if that makes sense.

Maybe I need to look at the alternative out there now. It has been a few years. Any good vegan suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
good for him then if he prefers not to have the premade packaged stuff, and likes your home made foods better! I like that cutlet recipe, but I wouldn't fry then bake, just bake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.