VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Renee Zellweger, is ok. I haven't really seen any of her other work to compare or contrast how she did on this movie.

You know though, for an old guy, Richard Gere is kind of cute.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I really enjoyed it. But then again, I love modern film musicals ("Dancer in the Dark" is the best!). I really hate stage musicals though.

Renee's performance got better as the movie progressed. I didn't think her first scene, at her apartment, was that good, but everything else was fine. But I don't think she should have won a Golden Globe for the performance. ... Now, Queen Latifah on the other hand was brilliant. Her musical moments were the best.

My only complaint with the movie was in the courtroom scene you can see the microphone hanging down. That's such a pet peeve of mine.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by kpickell

Now, Queen Latifah on the other hand was brilliant. Her musical moments were the best.
Absolutely, her part and the "he had it coming, he had it coming, he only had himself to blame, if you would of been there, if you would seen it, I bet you've would of done the same" are my favorite.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I saw it last weekend and I LOVED it! one of the great movie musicals of all time! All the performances were brilliant, although I was wishing Richard Gere were a little stronger, vocally (he really impressed me tho...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts