VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making my first one right now. Wish me luck, I hope I like it!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
What sauce are you using? Homemade crust?

I make a killer hummus, kalamata olive, cucumber pizza sometimes. Yum!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used homemade dough, but the sauce is fire roasted vegetable spaghetti sauce. I put mushrooms olives and red peppers on it. Your hummus one sounds delish! I think I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelii36 View Post

I used homemade dough, but the sauce is fire roasted vegetable spaghetti sauce. I put mushrooms olives and red peppers on it. Your hummus one sounds delish! I think I'll give it a try.
Sounds yummy. I have some Amy's cheesless pizza in the freezer, think I'm gonna go make it...

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Pfff, cheeseless pizza is not a pizza at all.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoshave View Post

What sauce are you using? Homemade crust?

I make a killer hummus, kalamata olive, cucumber pizza sometimes. Yum!
*drool*

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like it! But the real winner is that my 7 year old loves it!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelii36 View Post

I like it! But the real winner is that my 7 year old loves it!
Thats always the most important taste test.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

When I went vegan, I figured that was it for pizza being one of my favorite foods. The one time I'd tried soy cheese, ages ago, I'd hated it. And cheeseless pizza? What's the point, I thought.

Well, I was wrong on both accounts. Soy cheese has come a long way in 10 years (Vegan Gourmet, mmmm), and cheeseless pizza, done right, is fantastic. I especially love caramelized onions as a topping, with a little balsamic vinegar. Sun-dried tomatoes are excellent, and artichokes are pretty and have a good texture. BBQ vegan chicken pizza is also awesome. There are just so many things you can do... You don't need to stick to tomato-based sauces. Caramelized onion, BBQ, pesto, Asian-style pizzas... use your imagination!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlily1983 View Post

When I went vegan, I figured that was it for pizza being one of my favorite foods. The one time I'd tried soy cheese, ages ago, I'd hated it. And cheeseless pizza? What's the point, I thought.

Well, I was wrong on both accounts. Soy cheese has come a long way in 10 years (Vegan Gourmet, mmmm), and cheeseless pizza, done right, is fantastic. I especially love caramelized onions as a topping, with a little balsamic vinegar. Sun-dried tomatoes are excellent, and artichokes are pretty and have a good texture. BBQ vegan chicken pizza is also awesome. There are just so many things you can do... You don't need to stick to tomato-based sauces. Caramelized onion, BBQ, pesto, Asian-style pizzas... use your imagination!
Cut it out, you're making me hungry.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Cut it out, you're making me hungry.
Haha, I know, I did that to myself as well. 5 AM, I'm still up, and now I want pizza.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Before I tried it, I thought that too. But really, it's amazing. You don't miss the cheese at all, if you add lots of veggies - onions, spinach, olives, tomatoes (sundried and fresh), brocolli, chilli, aubergine, courgettes...I could go on and on. Cheeseless pizza is better than pizza with cheese on, because the cheese smothers the taste of all the other good stuff on there.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I like cheeseless pizza. What I don't like so much is that it take a *lot* of cheeseless pizza to fill me up! I can only count on a big pizza being 2 or 3 meals, whereas it used to be 4 when I ate cheese. A cashew-based cheesy sauce makes it a bit more filling, but I actually like the flavors of veggies, sauce, and crust without any cheese substitute.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really liked it because you can actually taste the toppings. I never noticed how the cheese masks flavors.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I made a cheeseless pizza the other day with caramelized onions, spinach, (It was supposed to be arugula, but I didn't have any.) tomatoes, olives, and pine nuts. It was good, and I plan to make it again. It definitely didn't taste like a traditional pizza though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts