VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is by the Redwood co., has anyone else had it?

I've been planning to take it to Christmas day, which is always at my omni aunt and uncle's house. They have in the past put something 'extra' in the oven for me so I wont be eating just vegetables, but the last few times I've been round I've just eaten the sides because I couldn't think of anything. So when I saw this I thought it was pretty cool. It's a pack of veggie sausages wrapped in "bacon", some "turkey" slices, and instant gravy mix. It serves too people (which is good; my little sister is vegetarian too) and it's vegan.

I cooked it up tonight to check we liked it. The sister was a big fan. She devoured the sausages in bacon and declared that it was just like omni sausages in bacon (she was a big fan of those). I really enjoyed the sausages and hope you can buy them seperately. The bacon was alright. We were both pretty indifferent about the turkey. My omni dad had some and said it just tasted like turkey (which he doesn't really like). The "turkey" gravy was awesome though, and you got enough mix to make a lot of it. Yum.

So yeah, overall my sister loved it and I really liked bits of it. It was expensive (£4.99 for two servings) but it's worth taking to an omni celebration so you don't go hungry if you have hosts who will throw it in the oven for you.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i'm just buying the Cheatin' Turkey Roast on it's own. my local health food store can't order the whole Celebration Roast.

still, that doesn't means i can't buy the extra trimmings seperately!

i'm looking forward to my christmas dinner already!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts