·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
deleted

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm thinking about adding one of my familly names, i'm from a noble familly and can have a whole bunch of familly names together, i think about adding them to keep them alive rather than leaving them to disapear under the work of time and generations. They carry interesting histories and even History itself.

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
In my state you can change your name any time you want, simply by using your new name. However if you want to have a professional license, driver's license, social security card, etc. then you need to change your name officially with those entities. Then you can change it on your personal accounts (bank, etc.). I changed my last and middle names when I got married and it was not a hassle, just some work. I still get stuff with the wrong middle name--apparently some entities don't have middle name changes that often.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I've known a couple people who have changed their names for personal reasons (one was named Gay as her first name and found that name to be difficult). They didn't have any trouble. Just forms and fees.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

has anyone here changed their first and last names as an adult - not due to marriage (which wouldn't mean a first name change), but because you either just want a change for the heck of it, or you really like the way another name sounds, or you want to separate from your crap family (what they gave you and what they passed on to you), or whatever reason?

if so, what was your experience?

if you did a full legal change, was it a hassle?
Dont know your location Irizary..but in UK it seems fairly straightforward . A fee and a minimum amount of paper work. My cousin changed her name and so did her husband without any apparent fuss at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts