VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My husband and I just recently became vegetarian and I noticed that we smell different (I have a very sensitive nose) and that we sweat more is that normal? Does it stay that way or will it continue changing?

Sorry for the disgusting info and thank you for any answers!

·
Registered
153 Posts
The smell thing is very possible. You have different foods/chemicals in your body now, so your sweat would have different chemicals in it also. A diabetic has a distinct smell when their blood sugar is off for example.

I don't know about the sweating more thing though, i've never heard of that. I'd be interested in hearing the answer to that also!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The weird thing (I think) is that when I was originally vegan, vegetarians and vegans always smelled better than meat-eaters. Meat-eaters smelled... well honestly.. like death.
Well.. this time I think we smell bad. Do you think this might be because our bodies are in the middle of "purging" toxins?

·
Registered
153 Posts
That seems very possible. Your body may be liking the healthier diet and is trying to "purge" the toxins you have left in your body. Maybe after your body goes thru the transition fully the smell will change also in a few months.

Now I want to go ask all my veg*n friends and family about how they smell...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL I always thought I was kinda a creeper cause of my sense of smell. Somebody would walk by and I'd be like "Ohhh you smell good, what're you wearing?" and they'd reply "Nothing."
AWKWARD!! XD

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I remember that I used to smell like fat when I wasn't a vegetarian. Now I don't anymore... thank goodness. Now I won't have to keep my armpits closed all the time, lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Othique View Post

LOL I always thought I was kinda a creeper cause of my sense of smell. Somebody would walk by and I'd be like "Ohhh you smell good, what're you wearing?" and they'd reply "Nothing."
AWKWARD!! XD
I am the same way! Its embarrassing sometimes! haha!

I hadn't noticed a different smell in my husband and I, but we slowly stopped eating meat over a period of a few months! I actually just leaned over and sniffed him right now, and he smells sooo good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts