VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently tried chia seeds, and I am obsessed! These little seeds pack so much good stuff for you, like omega-3 fatty acids, easily digested proteins, antioxidants, and fiber. Plus, unlike flax, you don't need to grind it to release all the goodies.
I have been stirring them into everything from my oatmeal, protein shakes, and green smoothies. Yummy!

Here's a recipe for Chia Mango Oatmeal
1/4 cup oat bran
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup water
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 chopped mango
soy milk (optional)
Place oat bran, rolled oats, and water into a microwave safe bowl. You can add more or less water, depending on how thick you like your oatmeal. I like mine pretty thin, so I add more water. Microwave for about 4 minutes. Stir in chia seeds and chopped mango. I also like to pour some cold soy milk for some sweetness. Eat!

This is one of many ways to enjoy chia. What do you put it in?

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
I've just recently tried them too.
I've occasionally been using the black ones in curries and chilli, and I use the white ones for smoothies. Sometimes having seeds in a drink annoys me a bit though so I'm more likely to use ground flax.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I put chia seed in my morning bowl of hot cereal, along with ground flax. I like that it's such an easy source of Omegas, plus it helps thicken my hot cereal

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I sometimes mix it with juice and drink it that way. Kinda funky, kinda like it

I've been adding it to my salads recently. I'll have to add it to smoothies and oatmeal too!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I eat them daily. I also add them to lots of unsuspecting things. PB and J sandwich? Put a pinch of chia on the pb. Making pizza? Put some chia seeds on the sauce. One of my favorite things is to make pudding out of them by adding them to water (or raw nut/seed milk) and adding cinnamon and dried fruit until it gels up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yum, they are delicious! I add them to everything...curries, pasta, smoothies. I really want to try them with water and cinnamon, and eat it like a pudding

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

One of my favorite things is to make pudding out of them by adding them to water (or raw nut/seed milk) and adding cinnamon and dried fruit until it gels up.
do you have a good recipe for this?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmagles View Post

do you have a good recipe for this?
No I just eyeball it and put whatever. Three tablespoons or so of chia seeds with water. I usually add dried apple or figs or apricots or raisins and then cinnamon, nutmeg, and if I want some sweetener I'll add a little xylitol but this is rare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts