VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone name some healthy, high fiber cereals that don't contain a bunch of weird ingredients, sugars or syrups?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'd either get some plain, unsweetened muesli with nuts and dried fruit or make a batch at home. Just grab a bag of oats (high fibre), chopped nuts, sesame seeds, amaranth (the latter two are high in iron and calcium), coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, flaxseed or whatever else you like. Mix in a sweetener of your choice, a bit of oil and some cinnamon. Spread out on a baking sheet and toast until it's crispy on a low-ish setting, stirring a few times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Barbara's Bakery Organic GrainShop. It's 80 calories and 8 grams of fiber per 1/2 cup. My favoritest cereal

These are the ingredients: Organic Wheat Bran, Organic Whole Wheat, Organic Oat Hull Fiber, Organic Dehydrated Cane Juice, Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Corn Meal, Organic Barley Malt Extract, Organic Oat Bran, Sea Salt, Baking Soda, Annatto.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Two of my favorites:

Barbara's Organic Crispy Wheats (organic whole wheat flour, organic dehydrated cane juice, organic barley malt, sea salt)

Nature's Path Organic Multigrain Oatbran Cereal (organic whole oat flour, organic whole wheat meal, organic wheat bran, organic evaporated cane juice, organic oat bran, organic yellow corn meal, organic brown rice flour, organic barley malt extract, sea salt, organic whole wheat sprouts)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow White View Post

I'd either get some plain, unsweetened muesli with nuts and dried fruit or make a batch at home. Just grab a bag of oats (high fibre), chopped nuts, sesame seeds, amaranth (the latter two are high in iron and calcium), coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, flaxseed or whatever else you like. Mix in a sweetener of your choice, a bit of oil and some cinnamon. Spread out on a baking sheet and toast until it's crispy on a low-ish setting, stirring a few times.
This is a great idea!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Make your own oatmeal. You can put lots of good stuff in it, and all it takes is waiting 2 minutes for the microwave.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Oatmeal
Made with old fashioned oats.. not the packet stuff. Flavour as desired.

The Kashi Go Leans are pretty high in fiber.. actually I think all the Kashis are.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Agree 100% with the oatmeal. I load mine with nuts, dried cranberries, blueberries and flax meal. It's tasty, filling, contains tons of fiber, and is great for your heart and cholesterol levels. Plain ol' oats are also dirt cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.