VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly think cereal is one of the best foods in the entire world. Yep, sadly I would eat it for every meal if I wouldn't (probably) die of malnutrition.
cereal..

Typically I get on the überceal kick where I'll eat one sort of cereal for a couple weeks straight. Most recently it's been Kashi's Strawberry Fields (I admit it, I bought it because I love the song. Marketing tactic WORKED damnyoumarketingfiends!)

What's your fav. kind of cereal? Why do you dig it? I need something new to try

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
I dig Kashi.. (as what is sold in England, imported i think from USA)

Speaking of marketing tunes, yours was good news but Urrrh plz

spare yourself from the one that made number 2 in the UK charts

this week, its a dance tune about pizzahut, Mac D's, & KFC. Urrgh.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shredded Wheat

the big ones

with regular SILK

it's just so freakin' good

followed by Koala Krisp

it's kinda like cocoa crispies only infinitely better

better texture and better flavor, imo

also every box I buy donates money towards wildlife and koalas

I hate all else

rigmarole

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by I r produce

Most recently it's been Kashi's Strawberry Fields (I admit it, I bought it because I love the song. Marketing tactic WORKED damnyoumarketingfiends!)
I bought it because it's ridiculously well-priced and looked like a brilliant idea when I discovered on the shelf at Whole Foods. I've never looked back. That is one fine, organic cereal.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I love Strawberry Fields, I just wish the box were bigger. By the time I get it home and my husband gets into it , there's only a little bowl left for me

·
Registered
122 Posts
(Crossing Kashi Go Lean off list, adding Strawberry Fields...)

I love cereal, too. A big bowl of cereal with cut up banana and fresh blueberries, and regular Silk...hmm....cereal....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by VegAnaconda

Speaking of marketing tunes, yours was good news but Urrrh plz

spare yourself from the one that made number 2 in the UK charts

this week, its a dance tune about pizzahut, Mac D's, & KFC. Urrgh.
*screams*

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tofu rebel

*screams*
*exactly*....Its nothing more than brainwashing thru use of music.

Okay Back on topic now.....CEREALs, I like many cereals... Can't be

specific at the moment.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Nature's Path Hemp Plus Granola is the mutt's nuts of all cereal!!! It's the freaking bomb-diggy!!! I also like Trader Joe's vanilla granola.

Most box-cereals are too damn expensive, but the grocer chain here usually has a few on sale for $1.88. I usually pick up a few boxes then. Corn Pops... Cheerios... Sometimes even a box of Cocoa Puffs

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm a Raisin Bran freak. Breakfast? Raisin Bran. Lunch? Raisin Bran. Snack? Raisin Bran. Unfortunately, I can't have it for dinner. Drat. Oh, and Raisin Bran Crunch is Heaven to me.

My parents have lately had this thing with getting cereal with real strawberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries. One has all three. I'm allergic to all of them! Sheesh. I don't even remember what Strawberries taste like. They just look nasty. Hm... at least when they buy that they get Raisin Bran, too.

Quote:
Originally posted by VegAnaconda

this week, its a dance tune about pizzahut, Mac D's, & KFC.
I used to sing a song about Pizza Hut, McDonald's and KFC when I was a kid. My mom taught it to me. Of course, now I refuse to sing it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i love peanutbutter puffins! Don't forget kashi pillows either - any flavor is good! I love those breadshop (??) brand granola cereals - it's been a long time since i had any of 'em though.. i think their flavors are like strawberry & cream.. soo very yummy!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

Nature's Path Hemp Plus Granola is the mutt's nuts of all cereal!!! It's the freaking bomb-diggy!!!
you make me laugh.

Yeah, Kashi comes in the übersmall boxes
but i lurve it to bits.

Quote:
Originally posted by rigmarolefollowed by Koala Krisp

it's kinda like cocoa crispies only infinitely better

better texture and better flavor, imo

also every box I buy donates money towards wildlife and koalas
Yeah, I've been meaning to try these actually along with the Peanut Butter Panda puffs which I assume are like pb captain crunch. lord, i loved that stuff even though it left this residue of funk in your mouth after eating them.. err.. yeah they were great haha.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tiggzie

Oat Bran

Soymilk

Dash of sweetner

*puuurrrrrrrr*
Okay, here's the story: For years (seriously, years) I've been trying to figure out what cereal it is that I remember from my childhood that I loved so much. The Mum doesn't remember, of course, so every time I hear of a new "mushy white cereal" (as I would describe it) I would try it without luck. I searched all over London one time for it, on account of that's where I grew up.

Now, after I have prettty much given up, I accidentally buy oats instead of dried soybeans (don't ask...) and it turns out, thanks to this thread I have finally found what it was I searched for all those years!!!

(Oat bran, milk, sweetener...)

Wikkid...

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I am forever trying to get away from the morning cereal habit; however, it never works due to the fact that I'm an addict.

I will buy specialty cereals if they are on sale, but usually I buy straight Wheat Flakes or Shredded Wheat and dress them up as the mood hits (I have LOTS AND LOTS of cereal condiments)

* Chopped Pecans, Walnuts, or Cashews

* Raisins, Chopped Dates, Craisons, Banana Chips

* Flax Seed Meal, Wheat Germ

* Fresh Fruit (especially raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and banana)

I don't usually sweeten, but sometimes I do. I prefer granulated fructose in cereal - but sometimes I use brown sugar, and sometimes I use splenda, and then again sometimes I use molasses (this goes good if I use chopped pecans as a condiment)

I usually use plain Silk Soymilk, but sometimes I use Vanilla Silk

and sometimes

I use Orange Juice!

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

Nature's Path Hemp Plus Granola is the mutt's nuts of all cereal!!! It's the freaking bomb-diggy!!! I also like Trader Joe's vanilla granola.

Mm.. If I had to live off of one food, it would be Hemp Plus. Yum yum.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Barbara's Bakery Shredded Spoonfuls are very nice.

For a cereal moistening agent, plain Silk.

I always hated consuming soy milk in any form until regular (and unsweetened, too) Silk. Too bad the cheapie brands don't taste as good.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Peanut Butter Puffins and Plain Silk (good with a sliced banana)

Flake cereals mixed with dried fruits and sliced almonds and Almond Rice Soy Milk

Rice Chex or Toasted Oat o's or Frosted Flakes, Plain Silk and a banana

Yummy stuff!

Shannon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.