1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cats Offer a Better Night's Sleep?

Animal News Center

Cats Make Good Bedmates

June 6, 2003 Forty-four percent of respondents to a survey of cat owners in England recently conducted by Cats Protection indicated that they "enjoy a better night's sleep with their cat on their bed than with their partner in their bed."

Only 26 percent of the men who were polled agreed with the statement, but a majority 51 percent of the women did.

"Those who said they enjoyed a better night's sleep with their cat stated they felt safer and more comforted with their feline," said Cats Protection Head of Promotions Judy Bernstein.

Among the other advantages of cats cited by respondents were more space on the bed, purring and an absence of harassment and/or snoring.

A total of 420 individuals took the survey. All of them were at least 20, but no older than 40.

Most of the individuals 55 percent indicated that they would be willing to allow their cats to "hog the covers" in order to make themselves more comfortable, but not permit partners to do so.

Animal News Center, Inc.

< news main

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Advantages of cat: dog steal covers, don't smell as bad, more room, don't talk in their sleep, don't try to choke you or keep you from leaving while asleep (the phantom grab). Cat won't break up with you and stop sleeping over.

Advantages of human: warmer on cold nights, more to hug, occasional morning sex. Reveal secrets while talking in sleep.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'd rather have the furry soft tail of my cat whiping over my face in my sleep than having a bad human breath stinking in my face... lol!

I think I prefer cats, I become an insomniac with people in my bed, or even in the same room!

On thing though... I don't like farting cats in my bed

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No they don't, my husband's cat spends the night casually clawing my face. And when I glare at him he acts like it was an accident. As soon as I close my eyes again, he stretches his paws out until he's clawing my nose again! I miss my cat, he was such a sweety.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
My cat wouldn't lower herself to get in bed with me. She prefers her THRONE" (faux suede Zabuton) to me any day. She'll only sit on the couch with me if I brush her (brushing over? - she's outta there)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I have to admit, Krava's not nearly as lap and bed-friendly as my previous cat was, but she does sneak onto the bed when she thinks we're asleep, and curls up between us, or on our heads. It's really cute.

·
Registered
504 Posts
On the average, there's usually about 4 of my cats on the bed with me each night...which I love, except when it's time for me to roll over.....they tend to be stubborn about moving. One of them sometimes claws at my head to get me to lift up the covers for him to get under in the middle of the night. Nothing like getting woken up at 3 AM by being scratched on the head

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I share a bed with someone else, I always tend to be on the edge. I move there in my sleep unintentionally. I guess because I am worried about them having enough room, and stuff. I am pretty considerate of others. One of these days I'm just going to fall off the bed. lol. I guess it depends on the other person though...

As far as my kitty. I love having him in my bed with me! He's usually considerate of my sleeping space, or sometimes, when I'm in the right position he'll cuddle up right next to me. Once he was laying perfectly in my arms. heh. I have the best cat ever.

·
Registered
637 Posts
"If I share a bed with someone else, I always tend to be on the edge. I move there in my sleep unintentionally. I guess because I am worried about them having enough room, and stuff"

I'm the same way! My poor future hubby!

I love having my cat in the bed with me. It's so comforting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts