VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's almost time for this year's VB Awards (link to last year's thread). The VB Awards are a chance for us to show our graditude towards the members who contribute the most to VB.

I know some people expressed discontent last year about the categories so I'm opening up the floor for discussion, here's the place to suggest new awards that you want to see for this year and the old ones that you want to stick around. Remember to keep your suggestions positive.

Last year we gave out the following awards:

Quote:
Veggie Awards

1) The Friend of the Animals VeBo - This VeBo recognizes a member who makes a difference in the lives of animals above and beyond our diet.

2) The Food and Recipes VeBo - This award goes to a VBer who makes all of our lives just a little bit tastier.

3) The Diet and Health VeBo - This award recognizes the person who walks the walk, and encourages each of us to drink our B12 fortified soy beverage in the morning.

Board Awards

4) The All Around VeBo - If you could only meet one VBer in person, this person would be the one.

5) The Bling Bling VeBo - This VeBo goes to the member whose avatars, profiles, and signatures always got it going on. In other words, this member's accoutrements always catch your eye.

6) The Effervescent VeBo - This person's exuberance and joy for life shine through their posts. A truly unique person who makes even VB a little more colorful.

7) The Handy Helper VeBo - This goes to the VBer who's encouraged you personally in an Eat to Live or Hamster thread, or perhaps simply given you good advice on a computer problem. Where would you be without them?

8) The Home Away From Home VeBo - This member's much more like your parent than a random person on the internet. Their comforting posts and genuine concern make you feel at home.

9) The Prodigal VeBo - This person's hiatus is always too long; be it for school, summer vacation, or simply missing in action. The front door light is always on for their return.

10) The Scholarly VeBo - This award recognizes the member whose knowledge, wisdom, and intellect goes far beyond their years.

11) The Silly Willy VeBo - This VeBo recognizes that funny and entertaining one among us who can lighten up that all-too-serious thread!
Last year, we revealed winners one-a-day for eleven days until they had all been announced. We are also considering revising this method. Please vote in the poll to describe how you want the final Vebos to be given out. Thanks everyone for participating!

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In a few weeks, once all the catagories have been finalized, I'll open up a new thread with those catagories. You will then type up a PM with your votes for each catagory and send it to me or synergy. Synergy and I will tally the votes and announce the winners sometime in January.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Hey, all the Oscars are given out in one night! (well, actually two nights; the technical first and then the creative). Why make us wait? I voted for all at one time!

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiejanie View Post

Aren't there only a few VB couples to chose from?
It's still a good idea, though!
Maybe you can qualify if you can PROVE (with pics!) that you are indeed a part of a very cute couple!

Attachment 8595

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
If you want more people to vote, you should reconsider some categories. Or at least this one:

Quote:
9) The Prodigal VeBo - This person's hiatus is always too long; be it for school, summer vacation, or simply missing in action. The front door light is always on for their return.
I think that category is just strange, one could just as well add "28) The Gong VeBo - This person has hit a gong a couple of times in his/her life and has always been deliciously hyperactive about it".

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Amen to that, brother! We seriously need some new and interesting categories! (And to get rid of the most boring ones from last year.)

I hereby present you with my suggestions for The New Categories:

a) Caesar Vebo - Supreme Ruler of the Compost Heap

b) Punk Vebo - the person with the most provocative / colourful / revolutionary ideas and arguments

c) Camera Vebo - this year's best picture

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

Amen to that, brother! We seriously need some new and interesting categories! (And to get rid of the most boring ones from last year.)

I hereby present you with my suggestions for The New Categories:

a) Caesar Vebo - Supreme Ruler of the Compost Heap

b) Punk Vebo - the person with the most provocative / colourful / revolutionary ideas and arguments

c) Camera Vebo - this year's best picture
I like these!

Perhaps if we did the Vebos in two or three days people wouldn't get bored with it like in past years.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

If you want more people to vote, you should reconsider some categories. Or at least this one:

I think that category is just strange, one could just as well add "28) The Gong VeBo - This person has hit a gong a couple of times in his/her life and has always been deliciously hyperactive about it".
Start making some suggestions and I'll start changing some catagories

Indian Summer, I like yours, they sound like fun!

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I like The Prodigal VeBo category also. I see nothing wrong with it. As a matter of fact, I've already thought of somebody to vote for for this award!

ETA: I've reviewed the "official" list of awards, and I like them all. I can't think of anything I'd remove. But I also like Indian Summer's ideas!

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut View Post

What's wrong with that category?
Well I was going to say that I have no idea who has been away from VB and that nor would I be likely to miss someone who has, but now I remembered someone. But that's not much.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I like The Prodigal VeBo category also. I see nothing wrong with it. As a matter of fact, I've already thought of somebody to vote for for this award!
I have someone in mind for that one too. I actually have more than one, but the 2nd isn't as much of a 'MIA" person as much as I just miss their presence here.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts