VeggieBoards banner

What did you think of "Catch Me if you Can"?

• Liked it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loved it

• Felt neutral about it

• Hated it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
i saw it the weekend it came out here. I liked it, though about 3/4 the way thru i thought it was ready to end, but it went on. Kind of long and drawn out for me, and im one who likes long movies. But Leo is one of the best actors around and did an excellent job in this movie.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, there were certianly a few times I thought it might be coming to a close, but don't forget it's (based on) a true story- so it was life that kept going, not just the film producers!

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I finally saw it today, and I loved it too!

I love movies about "bad guys" who are able to escape the law using only their intelligence and their charm, and that's exactly what this movie was about. You cheer on the criminal because he's getting away with so much and he's the only one without a weapon. ... it you never really think about how powerful charm and charisma are until you see people like Frank Jr charming his way into everything.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. I was cheering him too though because he was still such a lost little boy underneath it all. I wanted him to get away and start a normal life.

I was torn between wanting it to stop for him, and letting him get away.

To me the worst part was the scene where he goes back and his Dad is a postal worker... what he asks his Dad just broke my heart. I won't spoil it though.

And with the poor girl...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like him a lot. NOt because of flicks like Titanic, but flicks like What's Eating Gilbert Grape and This Boy's Life. They are great examples of his acting abilities.

Looks, who cares, but I thought he acted this well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts