VeggieBoards banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
I love cat stevens.

I first heard him watching harold and maude.I bought the footsteps in the dark and tea for the tillerman and have been addicted ever since.

My favorite songs are trouble,dont be shy,miles from nowhere,on the road to find out and too many more to list

I have his complete discography and tons of live stuff if anyone wants anything of his.

Oh man, Cat Stevens is my desert island pick for sure. I love that magnificent *******.

It started at University in 1990 when a guy I met who I, um, smoked a certain kind of cigarettes with played Tea For The Tillerman. I was hooked. My dad had a couple albums on vinyl that I appropriated so I was familiar with it, it just never clicked till then.

I've got them all on CD.

Best album: Mona Bone Jakon.

Probably my favourite song is I Want To Live In A Wigwam. If I'm ever in a bad mood I put this on and I snap out of it. Can't explain it.

Second would be I've Got A Thing About Seeing My Grandson Grow Old. Probably because it's the "freshest" song to me. Plus it's just fun to play on guitar--the whole "silly chitter chatter" part rocks.

The only song of his I hate is Another Saturday Night. Can't stand it.

Cheers!

TJ

PS. I also dig Alanis.

I read somewhere just this week that he has just released a new album. The reviews I read weren't too good, but I haven't heard it. Did you know "Morning Has Broken" is a hymn? We used to sing it in Church!

We just saw Yusuf on television a few weeks ago. I've long found him to be an interesting person. I was telling my s.o. about a time when I was first teaching, and we found an old record player in the basement of our center. We didn't have any records, though. I snagged a couple from my parents, and then got a few at a thrift shop, including a Cat Stevens album. One of the parents (well, the mom) complained to our director later that we were listening to "hippie music". I was like, um, yeah, we are. Peace and love...oooh, those are horrible things to impart to 4 and 5 year olds!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.