VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My calico cat, Autumn Kitty, is being more withdrawn than usual and drinking alot of water and eating like crazy. She is fixed and never and I mean NEVER leaves the house so I know she isn't pregnant and I took her to the vet and had her tested for Feline leukemia and everything else they could test her for without an autopsy and they said they couldn't find anything wrond with her but she just started this and nothing has changed to trigger it.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
So they did a CBC/Chem/T4 and found nothing? xrays? EKG? ultrasound? echocardiogram? How about things like PLI? Fecal studies? there are always more tests. It's just how much you want to spend.<br><br>
Has it recently gotten hotter? Cats drink more and can often "lay low" when it gets very hot in the house.<br><br><br><br>
(FYI - one can never do an autopsy on a cat. autopsy can only be performed on humans. in cats, a post-mortem is called a necropsy. when they're still alive it would just be exploratory surgery.)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it was because she was hot. We got the air conditioner fixed and she is starting to act better. She still hasn't gotten over the last people locking her in a closet and not eating so she eats so fast she throws up every once in awhile but that is about it. She seems contented hiding under the fouton and sleeping until I move it and make her into a lap cat lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts