VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this hasen't been mentioned yet or I didn't miss it.

I'd like to take a poll. How many of you have vegan cats? What food do you feed them? I currently feed my 2 cats Nutro Natural Choice indoor dry food. I'd like to switch over to a natural and/or organic brand and not support any pet food made by Menu Foods, which had the recall. I'd done some reasearch and even checked out vegancats.com. This is a good list of pet foods not on recall list and who makes the food, ect- http://petsitusa.com/blog/?p=210. I'd like to start out with getting them on a partially vegan diet. Vegancats.com suggests wet food is better then kibble for male cats.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks.

I have one male and one female cat.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Well as far as menu foods goes, I don't think they make Nutro, I think they just happened to be a supplier to many companies. I could be wrong. But if I'm right, then Nutro and other brands are victims of Menu Foods, too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

Well as far as menu foods goes, I don't think they make Nutro, I think they just happened to be a supplier to many companies. I could be wrong. But if I'm right, then Nutro and other brands are victims of Menu Foods, too.
I just know some of the Nutro canned and pouches were recalled. I don't know if Menu Foods was the supplier or made the food. I never thought of that. I just don't want to buy any food accosiated with Menu Foods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts