VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel closer to my cat since being a veggie,

I look at him and I really feel better, Since I don't eat his friends anymore I feel closer to animals, I'm on their side now

I feel like I have the right to play with him now, we are equal, It's hard to explain, basically I feel like a better friend to my cat

Do you guys feel the same way ?

Oh and it's been 38 days now that I'm vegetarian I can't wait to say it's been a year, two... ten

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well no he is not a vegetarian... I'm not the one buying his food

I happened to post this thread 6 times when I was tring to post it and it said cannot find the page .... Weird

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I editited your title so it is a little less vague.

Let me or another mod know if you would like a different title

I also feel the same way. As a vegetarian, I feel closer to all animals.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Once I developed the urges to grab and disembowel animals smaller then myself, then I'd be feeling closer to a cat.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

Once I developed the urges to grab and disembowel animals smaller then myself, then I'd be feeling closer to a cat.
Nah, you also have to play with your prey first

·
Registered
79 Posts
I feel closer to all animals, too.

I realize that, unlike me, a cat is an obligate carnivore. What makes me feel close is realizing that like me he is an individual with a will to live, a personality, interests, and fears.

BTW, a cat "plays" with his prey as a self-defense and survival strategy. By dazing and weakening the prey-who has teeth and claws also-before coming in close for the "killing bite," which severs the prey's neck and kills him quickly, the cat decreases his risk of injury or the prey escaping.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I love my cat quite a ridiculous amount, and although that has increased since I've gone veg, I don't think that iot's related. I think my love for her has just grown as I've lived with her longer

I feel a little less anxious/hypocritical when adoring all animals now, but I don't think that has affected my love (or dislike. I'm not really all that keen on a lot of animals) for them, it just makes me feel a little better

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm with isowish, I think I border on obsessive when it comes to my cats. Somehow, though, veganism has increased my love for them. Or maybe not increased it, but just brought me closer, as you said.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

I editited your title so it is a little less vague.

Let me or another mod know if you would like a different title

I also feel the same way. As a vegetarian, I feel closer to all animals.
Ok thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-anti-fur View Post

Very happy to hear that...I feel the same way very close to animals....I like cats too but am severly allergic to them.
That`s too bad
At least you can enjoy pictures

http://www.analyticalq.com/myphotos/cat/kittens1.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
That's great!

Have you ever seen the film The Witness? It's about a guy who never felt terribly close to animals, but watching a friend's cat opened him up to understanding the suffering of animals. He realized because of this cat that we are all alike in a way (our capacities to feel, fear, suffer, and experience happiness, etc) and went vegan and has done a lot to educate other people about how animals suffer, especially in the fur industry, and what they can do to stop it.

It's a great film- very much recommended. I think you would love it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirene View Post

Do you guys feel the same way ?
Not really, I know that my cute little cat would quite happily eat me if I was cut up into small pieces and covered in jelly. But I know what you mean.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts