VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made butternut squash last night-made a mess too-some fell on the floor & the cat ate it. She seemed to enjoy it so I gave her some more. Has anybody else run into this type of thing. Is this unhealthy for her?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I'm not sure it is unhealthy for her but my cat loves cantalope our other cat Mojo ate some banana once I don't know what human foods are harmful to cats apart from chocolate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our vet recommended feeding our cat pumpkin due to some digestional issues. Frodo hated the stuff (we tried canned), but it makes me think your cat is fine eating squash.

The pumpkin's purpose was to... um... harden up some things and improve his digestive tract.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by expansia View Post

Our vet recommended feeding our cat pumpkin due to some digestional issues. Frodo hated the stuff (we tried canned), but it makes me think your cat is fine eating squash.

The pumpkin's purpose was to... um... harden up some things and improve his digestive tract.
Hmm, does that work for us humans too?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would think so... I'm not sure how much you'd need to eat, though. About 2 TBS for a cat might translate into a lot for a human.

hehe

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I thought this thread title was Cat-eating butternut squash. "Wow, I want to see that zealous squash," I said.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Roberts does this, he'll freak out when i'm shreading it for the iguana's food and then stick his head in the bag and eat it like a dish of cat food. He also loves watermelon and fried rice? go figure.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I also know of someone who had a cat with digestional problems who was

put on a pumpkin regimen.Some of my friends started eating it as well and

lost weight, so who knows? Can't hurt,I reckon.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
My cat Trinity eats raw squash if I leave it out on the counter. The last time I had a butternut on the counter I came in and found it on the floor with big chunks missing from it and little cat teeth marks all in it.

It's never seemed to have any bad effect on her that I've noticed. It has, however, had effects upon trying to consume said squash.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
My cat loves cantelope, broccoli and other veggies, too. Both of them like potatoes. I know garlic and onion are bad. I'm not sure about other stuff. Some of their food is made with tomatoes, and peas. I also read that pumpkin is delicious to some cats who have constipation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts