VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carl's Jr. commercials are so annoying!

The Kate Upton one is on all the time now, i dont have a dvr so cant fast forward commercials

Who eats a hamburger upside down in the back seat of the car?

Do these kind of ads actually sell more hamburgers? I highly doubt it, people dont choose to eat carls jr bc they have attractive ladies in their ads. Even more annoying bc theres no way to look like Kate Upton and eat Carls Jr regularly.

People get upset when PETA uses attractive celebrities in ads, to me carls jr is worse!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
My first time seeing a Carl's Jr. commercial. I think that chain is exclusive to the west coast (lucky me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvourmother View Post

Do these kind of ads actually sell more hamburgers? I highly doubt it, people dont choose to eat carls jr bc they have attractive ladies in their ads.
The idea is probably that the attractive lady will make people more likely to pay attention to the ad. Paying attention to the ad will make them more likely to pay attention to the burger. Paying attention to the burger will make them more likely to go to a Carl's Jr. Having memorable ads might also help with name brand recognition, which is the main goal of advertizing.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

If I was in the burger market and there was a Carl Jr.s nearby it would be the first name that popped to mind.
Hah, you pretty much nailed what I was getting at in fewer words.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Holy poo, I just watched it on youtube... I must be in the intended audience for such commercials, lol. If I was in the burger market and there was a Carl Jr.s nearby it would be the first name that popped to mind.
ya but would it make you want to actually patronize a Carl's Jr. (aka Hardy's) and buy a patty melt?

i'd be embarrassed if i was the target audience of this commercial: "young, hungry guys"

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:

ya but would it make you want to actually patronize a Carl's Jr. (aka Hardy's) and buy a patty melt?

i'd be embarrassed if i was the target audience of this commercial: "young, hungry guys"
If I had a hankering for a burger yeah... probably. Mute point though. Also who said anything about young hungry guys being the target audience... I fall more into the dirty old guy target audience, lol.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the director said it in the extras clip, exactly: we are targeting "young, hungry guys"

so you aren't a vegetarian?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:

the director said it in the extras clip, exactly: we are targeting "young, hungry guys"

so you aren't a vegetarian?
Of course which is why I said hankering for a burger was a mute point. No desire to eat one ad or no... however if Carl's Jr. served veggie burgers, lol.

Personally I think the ad is targeted to any male with a pulse.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Nah, I don't get very excited about stuff like that.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Of course which is why I said hankering for a burger was a mute point. No desire to eat one ad or no... however if Carl's Jr. served veggie burgers, lol.

very glad not to be part of that group myself.

being bi, i find hot ladies attractive but this commercial is a total turn off. seeing anyone eat a patty melt is disgusting to me as a vegan. its also incredibly un realistic, girls that eat patty melts don't have bodies like kate upton, who eats a burger upside down in the back seat of their car? and girls put their hair up when eat spicy and messy foods not take it down

also why is her hand between her legs in the last shot? gross.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Why is it not possible to eat patty melts and have a body like Kate Upton?
seriously?

here is the nutritional breakdown of 1 patty melt from carl's jr:

890 total calories
63 grams of fat!!!!!
21 grams sat fat
125 mg cholesterol
1970 mg sodium
47 g protein

simple answer is bc huge hamburgers like this are fattening. kate upton has very little fat (have you seen her on the cover of S.I.?) and is a size 2-4 (for being 5'10" thats tiny) and has a 25" waist.

to be that skinny a person has to eat a very strict diet of healthy foods (or quite honestly not eat much at all), not huge patty melts loaded with fat and sodium.

sure eating one won't ruin her figure (although i bet her tummy would bloat afterwards about 3 inches just from digesting that much food), but eating them regularly would mean a bigger dress size for sure.

look at people going to carl's jr, do any of them have bodies like kate upton? no way jose, most people i see at fast food places are fat!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Quote:

to be that skinny a person has to eat a very strict diet of healthy foods (or quite honestly not eat much at all), not huge patty melts loaded with fat and sodium.
Don't you need like 2000 calories a day to maintain 125 pounds? I disagree that you have to eat healthy foods to be skinny. Just don't eat too many calories.

Anyway, I share your dislike of the ad, mainly because women are over sexualized as it is by Western commercial culture. I also don't like ads in general.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:

Guess I don't have a pulse, then.

Even if the ad featured a hot guy, the burger thing is just too gross. Complete turn-off.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Don't you need like 2000 calories a day to maintain 125 pounds? I disagree that you have to eat healthy foods to be skinny. Just don't eat too many calories.

No, u dont have to eat 2000 calories to maintain 125 lbs, it all depends on how calories in vs calories out. Sure you can be skinny and eat unhealthy foods but u probably wont have the kind of body that ends up on the cover of sports illustrated...

Do u not agree that a hamburger w 900 calories is too many calories?
Do actually think she eats these?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I don't think Western commercial culture is the only one that overly sexualises women. Pretty universal if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Quote:

No, u dont have to eat 2000 calories to maintain 125 lbs, it all depends on how calories in vs calories out. Sure you can be skinny and eat unhealthy foods but u probably wont have the kind of body that ends up on the cover of sports illustrated...

Do u not agree that a hamburger w 900 calories is too many calories?
Do actually think she eats these?
Well the estimate is 2100 calories if you're "moderately active" according to the calculator I found. She could eat 2 patty melts in a day, plus some fruits and vegetables without going over that. Or 2 patty melts and nothing else, if she's not active at all.

Do I think it's too many calories? It depends what else you're eating, how many you're eating, what your nutritional goals are, etc.

Do I think she actually eats them? I have no idea, I don't know her.

Quote:

I don't think Western commercial culture is the only one that overly sexualises women. Pretty universal if you ask me.
I didn't say it was. It's the only one I'm qualified to speak about from experience, though. Do you really think most Muslim cultures sexualize women to the same degree we do in their marketing and advertizing?

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Well the estimate is 2100 calories if you're "moderately active" according to the calculator I found. She could eat 2 patty melts in a day, plus some fruits and vegetables without going over that. Or 2 patty melts and nothing else, if she's not active at all.

Do I think it's too many calories? It depends what else you're eating, how many you're eating, what your nutritional goals are, etc.
LOL!!!!

did the calculator you found factor in grams of fat and protein?

2 patty melts a day would be over 120 grams of fat and nearly 100 grams of protein. its not just about calories ya know, eating that much fat a day does not equal a bikini model's body.

all you have to do is look at her in a bikini to know she doesn't eat patty melts, its pretty obvious!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Quote:

LOL!!!!

did the calculator you found factor in grams of fat and protein?

2 patty melts a day would be over 120 grams of fat and nearly 100 grams of protein. its not just about calories ya know, eating that much fat a day does not equal a bikini model's body.

all you have to do is look at her in a bikini to know she doesn't eat patty melts, its pretty obvious!
Fat and protein are types of calories.. Just because it's called fat doesn't mean it makes you fat. You can get fat on a low fat diet or lose weight on a high fat diet.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts