VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as many know I have two careers going and both are technically in training mode which means there's no actual income involved.<br><br>
One is a career based on my natural talents and the other one is based on what is in demand in the economy.<br><br><br><br>
My plan right now on the other career is finnish the course and then to quit for a half a year, because I cannot offer the service if I hate it. In logical ways it's the perfect job. No fighting tooth and nail to get employed and lots of demand. This of course puts more pressure on my other career to suceed.<br><br><br><br>
Ok so I'm building up my portfolio which nobody can see because the scanner has an error message. I can't afford to have it fixed so if nobody knows what the problem is I just have to live without a scanner.<br><br><br><br>
This brings me to think, should I take out a loan to further my career until there's an income?.<br><br>
I often have this dilemma when I try do it yourself based careers which have delayed risky income potential.<br><br><br><br>
There's a lot of investment involved and I feel I could build a professional looking portfolio up much faster and better if I didn't have to be limited by what amounts to hobbyist type tools. On the other hand, what if I fail after I've loaned money and purchased all this professional quality stuff?.<br><br>
There is a distinct possibility that I may never get in because the quality isn't good enough (And it's sure looking that way right now, I produced quality before and I'm not sure why I am unable to repeat my sucess) and then I'll have to move on to a new career, be saddled with more finanical problems, more pressures and have a bunch of expensive pro equipment around for no reason.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would suggest getting a part time or full time job in order to cover your living expenses and save up for your equipment preferably in a related field. There are also internships available through most colleges and universities in most fields of study. This can also help you to build professional relationships that will help you later in your career.<br><br><br><br>
As an accountant who deals primarily with banks, I can tell you that you will not get a favorable interest rate or lending terms with no income and without an established business plan. Though you will almost certainly find someone who is willing to lend you money, the interest rates and fees can be quite high. Also, if you are unable to repay on time it will have a negative affect on your credit rating. This could affect your ability to get a good loan in the future when you have the skills and connections to really start your business.<br><br><br><br>
Best of luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts