VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'll be the first one to admit...i've got some pondage that needs to go...the only problem is, is that it's all in one spot...my thighs. I've tried eating less, and my (already flat-ish) stomach got flatter. I've tried eating more...no real change. I've tried eating healthier, again no realy physical change, except maybe a firmer stomach. I've tried excercising, but I hated it so much and saw/felt no results and wound up stopping.

So, I need to lose weight, but only in my thighs...which are already muscular...I want to slim them down.

Any ideas of a specific thing I could try?

(fyi-no, I cannot gain access to a gym, and bike riding is a little dicey (busy roads)...)

·
Registered
160 Posts
maybe your legs won't get any smaller unless you lose muscle. which obviously is bad. ummm how long have you been trying to lose weight for?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, I really hope that that's not the case...because of my thighs, I have to buy rather large pant sizes, and I admit, it makes me fairly self-concious.

As for how long I've been trying...for about a year...but I've only been very serious about it for a few months...since about May/June.

·
Registered
0 Posts
You can buy a bike to use at home.

Run on the streets.. or walk everyday for at least 30 mins.

lay on your back, knees bent close together.... spread your knees apart as far as you can towards the floor. Do about 100 a day, that'll definitely tone your thighs! I noticed it within 2-3 weeks.. actual results may take up to a month.

goodluck!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
If your legs are muscular and you want to have a little less muscle in them, you can train with high reps and low to no weight. Basically this way of training tones the muscles but doesn't add a ton of bulk. I have seen a program out there where you do high reps of lunges, walking lunges and really any type of lunges and squats with no weight. I am talking like 4 sets of 30 lunges and then 4 sets of 30 squats. You can do this a few times a week to slim the muscles down. Essentially what happens is your muscles break down a bit because you aren't lifting tons of weights or resting to let them bulk up. Also marathon runners are very slim, you could run and do this high rep leg workout. If you don't want to workout, I can't really tell you much else that will help. Your body will lose where it wants to if you just eat right and don't exercise.

It is interesting how you can mold your body with exercise. I learned alot when I became a certified fitness trainer.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone!!

i've been trying some things out, see what i enjoy at least slightly so that i'll be motivated to do it everynight...

with toning...is it good to 'feel it'? or is that just with muscle gaining?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well...i'd be happy to be with my thighs...but they make me really self-concious...and frankly i'd rather get a little stretching or whatever to slim them down than develop a depression i'm already worried i might be prone to...

haha...well...it's USUALLY flat
of course...after eating half a pizza and Lord knows what else...it's a little un-flat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinbock View Post

I've tried excercising, but I hated it so much and saw/felt no results and wound up stopping.

So, I need to lose weight, but only in my thighs...which are already muscular...I want to slim them down.

Any ideas of a specific thing I could try?

(fyi-no, I cannot gain access to a gym, and bike riding is a little dicey (busy roads)...)
Hello! If you want to lose weight you've got to excersice. I hate it too. But that's what seperates unhealthy overweight people, from healthy slim people. I understand about the thighs. I gain all my weight in belly (go figure) and my legs are very toned. I would take up dance as a way to make excercise fun for you. I love belly dancing and have been taking classes for a few years. You can by videos online. Also, try Pilates to lengthen and tone your body without getting bulky. I would just work out at home if I were you. Jumping rope, doing squats and using videos. One last thing love those lucisous thighs I've learned to love my pot belly. I figure as long as am doing what I can I might as well show my body love because it does so much for me.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ariezonastar- thanks...maybe i'll see if i can find some stationary excercises i can do in my room...

and thanks for the kind words

·
Banned
10 Posts
I couldn't loose weight either, I have hypothyroid to boot! Now I'm involving both Cardio and Weight Training and have lost 2 inches in 3 months!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Be sure to substitute larger meals for smaller portioned ones, which is 4-6 meals a day. Will help boost your metabolism. Also be sure to SPACE the meals out, 2-3 hours between each.

Good luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegal View Post

If your legs are muscular and you want to have a little less muscle in them, you can train with high reps and low to no weight. Basically this way of training tones the muscles but doesn't add a ton of bulk. I have seen a program out there where you do high reps of lunges, walking lunges and really any type of lunges and squats with no weight. I am talking like 4 sets of 30 lunges and then 4 sets of 30 squats. You can do this a few times a week to slim the muscles down. Essentially what happens is your muscles break down a bit because you aren't lifting tons of weights or resting to let them bulk up. Also marathon runners are very slim, you could run and do this high rep leg workout. If you don't want to workout, I can't really tell you much else that will help. Your body will lose where it wants to if you just eat right and don't exercise.

It is interesting how you can mold your body with exercise. I learned alot when I became a certified fitness trainer.
Great advice!

Nothing burns fat ans calories like high repetition/light weight exercises. Definetely work the legs...LOTS...For some this may seem backwards, but your biggest muscles in your body are in your legs so why not use them to help you?

Here is a good leg exercise to really fatugue the legs and create nice, pretty & lean thighs/glutes:

Go to the bottom of your stairwell or grab a box about 6-8" high...

A) Facing the steps/box perform 12 squats with arms straigh out front/shoulder heigh

b) Now turn your body to the right with your left side facing the stairs/box. Left leg on the bottom step..Go all the way down (about 90 degrees) and PULSE up 20 times (pulsing is equal to PUMPING..just little pumps using the leg on the step the most)

c) Now go right to 15 regular squats keeping the same leg up

d) Turn around and now perform with Right leg..same sequence as B & C

FEEL THE BURN! THere is NO rest between variations...go right from one to the other!

To also get a great fat burning routine to do at home....check this out! You are guaranteed to sweat!

I also have other cardio workouts and a great ab routine...ENJOY!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Pilates! The easy floor exercises (no need for a gym) lengthen muscles, rather than make them wider, per se. 2-3 times a week will help. If there's still jiggly stuff around the muscles, the best way is just to walk... 15 mins before or after dinner will boost your metabolism and help burn some of that. I have the same problem: massive muscular thighs. I do pilates or yoga twice a week, and try to run 3-5 times a week. Good stuff.

Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts