VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I don't know if this is an old recipe or whatever. My family were having a roast so I figured I'd mock one up.

This would probably serve two - but being very hungry I ate the lot
This was really quick too it only took me about 5 mins to mix up.

1 Can of Canellini beans

All Spice

Salt and Pepper to taste

Breadcrumbs

Parmesan Cheese (or Soy sub)

Ok drain and rinse the beans. Mush up the beans in a food processor until smooth. Add about a teaspoon of All Spice (or to taste) and salt and pepper. I put about a table spoon of breadcrumbs in the mixture because it was a bit too sloppy to form.

Mix a table spoon of parmesan/sub with breadcrumbs. Form bean mixture in a log shape and roll in breadcrumb mix. Spray with canola/bake spray and place in medium oven with roasting potatoes until brown.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Oh, that sounds really good. Well, except for the parm...

I wish I'd bought cannellini beans last night. Those are always good to have on hand(mainly for when I want to do a mediterranean pizza lately) why didn't I think of it in the store?

I do need to try a roast though, I don't think I ever have really. Maybe roasts will go on my next cooking projects lists after I finish with the current ones. I have a Walnut and Rice Roast recipe to try too, so that really sounds like a project theme in the works. Cooking is fun fun fun.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by kittay

Oh, that sounds really good. Well, except for the parm...

I wish I'd bought cannellini beans last night. Those are always good to have on hand(mainly for when I want to do a mediterranean pizza lately) why didn't I think of it in the store?

I do need to try a roast though, I don't think I ever have really. Maybe roasts will go on my next cooking projects lists after I finish with the current ones. I have a Walnut and Rice Roast recipe to try too, so that really sounds like a project theme in the works. Cooking is fun fun fun.
Yeah sorry bout the cheese. I'm trying to wean myself off right now. But I was worried the bread would be too dry. I'm gonna try it with grated potato instead of bread next time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.