VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello:

I would just like to let everyone know that I have a petition currently In circulation and It will be ongoing Indefinitely so as to stop the seal hunt that goes on In Canada every year, so for all those people that would like to see the Canadian seal hunt end for good and to try and stop It from happening again next year please go ahead and stop by and sign my petition.

I thank everyone who signs every signature does count and hopefully together we can end this cruelty once and for all.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please go to this web page If you wish to support a worthy cause and pass on to everyone you know

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/yearlyhunt

·
Registered
167 Posts
I signed the petition yesterday and forwarded it to a few people. It's disgusting that our country is letting this happen...it makes me feel ashamed to live here ^_^

·
Registered
177 Posts
Since I can't technically join the Canadian Seafood Boycott, I've initiated my own boycott of all Canadian products and I wrote the Prime Minister to let him know. Not that he cares, I'm sure.

My sister is a seafood manager at a grocery store and she's doing what she can to find non-Canadian suppliers and steer people away from Canadian seafood by telling them about this hunt. I think that's pretty cool.

Canada probably won't stop this on their own, but I'm encouraged by the shrinking demand for seal products in Europe. Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger have just sworn off fur, so maybe some of the designers that actually use seal fur will follow. I hope the market continues to shrink and well keep on writing letters until it's over. A girl can hope, right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi:

And I would like to thank you very much your support is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaybe View Post

I signed the petition yesterday and forwarded it to a few people. It's disgusting that our country is letting this happen...it makes me feel ashamed to live here ^_^

·
Registered
349 Posts
I couldn't watch all of the video, as usual. I was in anguish to see that orgy of killing at one point. I mean.... Why? How can they do that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's totally barbaric. I protest the seal slaughter every year in LA. We stand out front of the Canadian embassy with signs and video. It should be coming up any day now, as a matter of fact. It's heartbreaking what they get away with.

They say besides signing petitions and protesting, the next best thing to do is to get everyone you know to boycott Red Lobster since they're the main purchaser of all Canada's sea food.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:
They say besides signing petitions and protesting, the next best thing to do is to get everyone you know to boycott Red Lobster since they're the main purchaser of all Canada's sea food.
Olive Garden should also be boycotted since they're owned by the same parent company. My local Olive Garden has even been picketed and the parent company released some idiotic statement about not serving seal meat. Their PR person is a real genius.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I posted about the seal hunt at Lunar Forums, a forum run by Lunarpages web hosting with whom I host a few web sites. I posted in the chat section where a wide range of toics have been posted, some family friendly and some a bit off color. I included a link to the video and included a warning of graphic content. My post had no graphic language.

They removed my post which had a few positive replies and no negative ones informing me in a private message that the post didn't mesh with their family friendly atmosphere.

I'll be removing my sites hosted by them and urge others to do the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.