VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any plans for the long weekend?

we usually go camping but we have nothing planned so far

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I get the day off work so I'm going to visit my family for the weekend, we'll probably just hang out at home. I would love to go camping though!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'll be singing O Canada on Friday in French. It's a tradition of mine. I've always liked the French lyrics more than the English ones. I'm not francophone nor do I live in Quebec. But otherwise, it's just another long weekend for me! Whoo hoo!

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roneet View Post

I'll be singing O Canada on Friday in French. It's a tradition of mine.
Oh, that's funny because I always listen to, and sing at the top of my lungs, "Un Canadien Errant" as many times as I can on Canada Day. It just makes me feel so Canadian!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4iy9b220KM
^ It cuts off at the end, but it's hard to find a good version of the song on youtube.

Other than that, I'll be going with a friend and her daughter to a street festival they hold every year. They close off a few city blocks in the 'village' portion of Winnipeg, and have street vendors and the like. Local bands always play and sometimes there's a DJ late at night. It's pretty fun, at least for Winnipeg.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I will be going to the park celebration and hanging out with friends while doing a fundraiser that day.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Is Canada day like our 4th of July?
Yes. In fact it's even on the same weekend this year!

I'm going to the Jays/Phillies game, whichever day Roy Halladay is pitching. It's also Pride on Sunday here, but I have to go to Ottawa for work

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
There are usually celebrations at our local beach, so if I can get a ride up there, I might go spend the day.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've been to parliament hill a few times for canada day to see the fireworks and whatnot, but this year, with the newlywed royal couple coming to town, it's just going to be insane! No way am I braving the crowd! So it's just a BBQ at my cousin's place
...and another BBQ at a friend of my bf's the day after. Good thing I've recently discovered Tofurkey products!

·
Registered
632 Posts
My Grandmother usually has a gathering so I suspect I'll spend it in Kerrisdale house on a hill - you can see the fireworks from there!

I haven't been to a Canada Day celebration in years. There still will be fireworks in Vancouver, right?

I'll prepare a huge potluck of veggie food for guests, too.
Fantastic!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts