VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had fresh brocolli for the first time.
lol I bought a stalk at the store and cut off the florettes and steamed them. SOOO GOOD! After abandoning my old eating habits, I've been trying all these new foods and I feel wonderful! I never even tried brocolli until last year, and it was frozen. Fresh is so much better. I love my new lifestyle. No turning back!

- Jason

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkiller View Post

broccoli is good. now... try asparagus!
I've never had asparagus. lol. I'd like to try that and brussel sprouts.

-Jason

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Steamed broccoli is ****, you've gotta eat it raw.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Steamed broccoli is ****, you've gotta eat it raw.
I like steamed broccoli, but I agree that it is WAY more awesome raw! Although I prefer most vegetables raw...

Anyhow, congratulations on branching out. There are tons of wonderful, nutritious foods out there!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

I like steamed broccoli, but I agree that it is WAY more awesome raw! Although I prefer most vegetables raw...

Anyhow, congratulations on branching out. There are tons of wonderful, nutritious foods out there!
Thanks, AddieB! I love trying new foods now. I used to live on junk food, NOT anymore!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
My favourite way to prepare brussels sprouts is to cut them in half/quarters lightly coat them in olive oil with a little salt and pepper and roast them in the oven until they are slightly browned. So tasty!

I love broccoli in almost any form. Steaming or roasting veggies is a great way to enjoy them while still keeping them pretty healthy and unadulterated. Really brings out some nice flavours.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

My favourite way to prepare brussels sprouts is to cut them in half/quarters lightly coat them in olive oil with a little salt and pepper and roast them in the oven until they are slightly browned. So tasty!

I love broccoli in almost any form. Steaming or roasting veggies is a great way to enjoy them while still keeping them pretty healthy and unadulterated. Really brings out some nice flavours.
Sounds delicious, I'm gonna have to go get brussel sprouts! mmmmm....

- Jason

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

Yes! You must try them this way. You'll love it, I promise. Isn't it fun to try new things and discover how much you love them?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

Yes! You must try them this way. You'll love it, I promise. Isn't it fun to try new things and discover how much you love them?
Yes, it is fun!
And I'm getting healthy in the process!

- Jason

·
Registered
908 Posts
My preferred way of eating broccoli is cutting up the florets and sauteeing them in a pan with rice, fresh parsley (vital!), chopped onion, some vegan margarine, salt, pepper; then toss all that into a bell pepper and put it in the oven for half an hour. YUMMY. This is how I got my granny to eat broccoli, and she HATES broccoli usually.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjesta View Post

My preferred way of eating broccoli is cutting up the florets and sauteeing them in a pan with rice, fresh parsley (vital!), chopped onion, some vegan margarine, salt, pepper; then toss all that into a bell pepper and put it in the oven for half an hour. YUMMY. This is how I got my granny to eat broccoli, and she HATES broccoli usually.
thanks for the recipe

1 - 20 of 34 Posts