VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think? I've been trying to try new foods, but there are some I'm having a tough time adjusting to. I'd never had a salad before going vegan, and after trying a wrap with veggies in it last week, I realized I'm not very fond of crunchy vegetables. I love softer plants like cooked vegetables so they're soft, or things like potatoes, mushrooms, and I love varieties of beans since they're soft. Something about the crunchiness throws me off with things like lettuce, uncooked carrots, veggies like that, especially mixed together. I think it's the crunchiness and the lack of flavor of lettuce (even with something flavorful like dressing or hummus on it). I don't like things like uncooked broccoli, either (though warm, cooked, soft broccoli is good).<br><br>
But I feel like I have to keep eating things like this to make myself like it so I'm more happy with basic options like salad when I'm eating out or something, so I'm trying to make myself get used to it by eating lettuce and other raw crunchy veggies more often. Are there any foods you don't like, and do you think it's okay to not be fond of certain common foods/ingredients as a veg*n?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'm a very picky vegan. I think it's fine to dislike certain foods, even if they're considered a "staple" of the vegan diet. As long as you're getting the nutrients you need, who cares?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I always cook my vegetables. I like having salad in a burger and can handle grated carrot, but I dont really like raw crunchy vegetables much. Cucumber is ok. I should probably make more bean salads etc. Another thing is I dislike having cold things in my mouth when it is not summer.... so I make lots of stews or stir fries or bake things in the oven.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts