VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been veg for about a year and.. a few months I guess I'm too lazy to figure it out. lol. Anyway since being veg I have experinced annoying stomach aches after eating, about 2-3 times a day mostly. My mother has infomed me it may be a lot of things.. like perhaps I'm lactose intolerant or something but I'm wondering if maybe all the veggies I eat is too much "roughage" and that's it. I'm also experiencing a lot of gas in the form of burps and I never used to have that. Does that have anything to do with a veg diet? Or perhaps not enough of a certain vitamin etc? They are quite annoying and even painful.<br><br>
Anyone have any input on this.. ?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Though gas and indigestion can be an issue for new vegetarians (because they're eating an increased amount of fiber), it shouldn't be an issue for people that have been vegetarian for quite some time. Your digestive tract adapts to suit what you're eating. If your diet hasn't changed much over the last year, then it should have done that by now.<br><br><br><br>
I would say that it's unlikely that you are experiencing gas as a result of a deficiency of some sort. Gas and indigestion aren't symptoms of deficiency.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Indegestion - should disappear. Gas - yes, even after years, but it surely gets better. I eat fresh (raw) sauerkraut (kraut) every day, but sometimes if I eat too much, I'm still gassy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts