VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning to go vegan for just a week or so to check it out and this is the plan I came out with. Please help me make sure Im getting all my nutrients and stuff.

Monday
-Breakfast: Oatmeal with Brown Sugar (Orange Juice)
-Lunch: Peanut Butter Sandwich
-Snack: An Orange with Kale
-Dinner: Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce

Tuesday
-Breakfast: Bagel with Vegan Cream Cheeses (Orange Juice)
-Lunch: Smoky Black Bean Soup
-Dinner: Bean Burritos

Wednesday
-Breakfast: Tofu Scramble (Orange Juice)
-Snack: Smoothie : pineapple/strawberry
-Dinner: Fried Rice with a Stir Fry of Vegetables

Thursday
-Breakfast: Oatmeal with Brown Sugar (Orange Juice)
-Lunch: Hummus Sandwich (kale, tomatoes),
-Dinner: Tofu Scramble

Friday
-Dinner: Homemade Vegan Pizza

Saturday
-Lunch: Luna Bar
-Dinner: Veggie Burger

Sunday
-Breakfast: Vegan Pancakes
-Lunch: Veggie Burger
-Dinner: Tofu Chicken Nuggets

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
My changes in red. I didn't repeat things that appeared other places. I think you might get bored eating the same thing multiple days in a row, but maybe not, that's your call! Including a protein with afternoon snack would probably help keep you full too. I'm not sure what you're doing with the orange and kale. Are you just going to eat a handful of kale?? Smoothies also is a pretty broad category of things -- people make them all different ways, some healthier than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegteen View Post

Im planning to go vegan for just a week or so to check it out and this is the plan I came out with. Please help me make sure Im getting all my nutrients and stuff.

Monday
-Breakfast: Oatmeal with Brown Sugar (Orange Juice) Make the oatmeal with plant milk for added calcium; add some nuts to the oatmeal for protein, maybe some fresh fruit or raisins
-Lunch: Peanut Butter Sandwich on whole wheat bread, + a serving of baby carrots; +an apple
-Dinner: Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce whole wheat spaghetti; add lentils or beans to the tomato sauce for more protein; green salad on the side

Tuesday
-Breakfast: Bagel with Vegan Cream Cheeses (Orange Juice) whole grain bagel with almond butter, glass of milk, piece of fruit
-Dinner: Bean Burritos - on a whole grain tortilla, some veggies on the side

Wednesday
-Snack: Smoothie : pineapple/strawberry with some soy/rice/almond/coconut yogurt
-Dinner: Fried brown Rice with a Stir Fry of Vegetables and raw cashews

Thursday
-Breakfast: Oatmeal with Brown Sugar (Orange Juice) see day 1
-Lunch: Hummus Sandwich (kale, tomatoes), on whole grain bread; apple on the side
-Dinner: Tofu Scramble

Friday
-Dinner: Homemade Vegan Pizza

Saturday
-Lunch: Luna Bar This is not a lunch! It is a snack.
-Dinner: Veggie Burger on a whole wheat roll with lettuce, tomato, avocado; sweet potato oven fries on the side

Sunday
-Breakfast: Wholegrain Vegan Pancakes, fresh fruit compote, seitan sausage
-Lunch: Veggie Burger See above
-Snack: Smoothie : pineapple/strawberry see above
-Dinner: Tofu "Chicken" Nuggets, sauteed broccoli and cauliflower, roasted potatoes

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
I would suggest that you include far more fruit and vegetables in your diet, as there seems to be too much cooked and processed foodstuffs in your diet plan. Definitely replace brown sugar with sultanas or raisins when eating oatmeal. Also do you drink enough water?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think I would be really hungry if that was all I ate. I would try to work in more snacks...maybe some almonds, popcorn.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yeah, I agree with some of what Rabid Child wrote

-
Quote:
Lunch: Luna Bar This is not a lunch! It is a snack.
lol'd

You don't seem to be eating much there, op. Maybe you don't eat much in general, but here are some tips:

breakyfast
-try and eat more than just a bagel
-go easy on the orange juice (it has a lot of suger, little fiber, and the acid can be rough on your teeth and innards). Switch it up with some tea or water every other day
-bananas are always great for breakfast

-a side of wg toast with peanut butter to go along with the oatmeal would be good

for lunch
-add some carrots, banana, apple, or orange for lunch (actually, at least two of these)
-I also like to pack some almonds for lunch (not much, like less than a quarter cup)
-try some bread with the soup and don't be afraid to add some fat to it in the way or oil or butter
-greens are a great addition to black bean soup--kale adds a nice chew, but collards or spinach are nice as well

for dinner
-add a side of steamed vegetables
-roast up some potatoes and onions to go along with the scrambled tofu
-pan steam some broccoli to go along with the spaghett

good luck on ya journey

·
Beginner's Mind
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainWinthrope View Post

-bananas are always great for breakfast
Yes, and unlike OJ, nothing bad or harmful in them. One of nature's most ideal foods. Only too bad we can't grow them local where I live.
Lots of good suggestions here already. You guys all rock.
I hate to be grammar snob, BTW, but you should know I can't help giggling every time this thread comes up -- title should say "look over" instead of "overlook."

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4891 View Post

I hate to be grammar snob, BTW, but you should know I can't help giggling every time this thread comes up -- title should say "look over" instead of "overlook."
but we are all an overlooking her diet like the guardian angels of vegdom

·
Registered
185 Posts
This thread is really helpful
I've always been absolutely horrible when it comes to what I eat (I'm a microwave-meal, tv dinner baby, born and raised) so now that I'm trying to eat healthier, it's kind of like I have to re-learn how to eat properly. You guys are all so knowledgeable!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleOne89 View Post

This thread is really helpful
I've always been absolutely horrible when it comes to what I eat (I'm a microwave-meal, tv dinner baby, born and raised) so now that I'm trying to eat healthier, it's kind of like I have to re-learn how to eat properly. You guys are all so knowledgeable!
I second this.
I'm a teen who's thinking about trying out veganism, and this is a great basis for planning my diet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts