VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been eating half a tub of hummus daily .......... ingredence are: chickpeas(50%) sesame base, water,lemon juice,olive oil,salt,and chilli,citric acid330.

this is okay isnt it , i just need some reasurane with my ED screamin at me for it in the back of my head , one thing that bugs me is what is citric acid 330?

·
Registered
787 Posts
"Citric acid is a weak organic acid found in citrus fruits. It is a natural preservative and is also used to add an acidic (sour) taste to foods and soft drinks."

It's just fine, enjoy your hummus!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Might give you gas, but otherwise...
I'm assuming you're buying your hummous already made, so you might also try making your own - it's easy, would be cheaper, and no additives (even though citric acid is relatively benign). There are tons of hummous recipes on the net.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i love hummus
what are you putting it on? I always put it on pitas, but would like to cut down on all that bread

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyinc View Post

i love hummus
what are you putting it on? I always put it on pitas, but would like to cut down on all that bread
I like it on celery or carrots.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Of course you can eat it every day!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyinc View Post

what are you putting it on?
Agreed ^^ that it's a great dip for veggies. I also like to put it in a bowl over brown rice with a little bit of fresh diced tomato and a couple kalamata olives. Eat it with a spoon - yum!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts